• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

For all you addicts out there. . . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK guys.. I have to put my phone away now..

That is so true. Great find!

Amen...

Another reason for the boat for me was to get the twin 20 yr olds and the 13 old away from the electronics. I have a no phone policy for the boat. The captain ties his for emergencies only. I will take a digital camera and GoPro just to capture the fun.

This is one of the best messages I have seen and thanks for sharing @0627Devildog

One of the best reasons I love the lake. No signal, so even if I wanted to look something up...I can't. We as a society certainly need to get off the texts and call someone...I'm guilty as well

Wow! What a powerful video. I just forwarded to all my friends. I would also like to admit I have violated a few of those things in the video, BUT, I have not joined FB for this very reason. I make my kids silence their phones and leave them somewhere else at the dinner table and at restuarants. I am guilty of letting them use them on car rides, and I hate it.

I also travel quit a bit, many times I go to a steak house and sit at the bar. I find myself in that uncomfortable moment of making myself start a conversation with the guy next to me. Sometimes it is easier to just cave in and sit there playing a game or reading USA Today on the phone. It's a sad dilemma.

I was a first adopter with Facebook when it came to my college in 2004-5 when you had to have an EDU address to signup. It went fully open in 2006 and I got rid of mine in 2011 after I started to rationalize the fact that it become more of a chore and security risk, than a benefit. I cant be held responsible for not doing something on FB if I'm not on it. Now I keep in touch, weekly, with over 20 friends and they reach out to me by phone and text. I do not miss being a slave to social media, and I feel protected that my information (mostly my life activities) are not out there to be gathered and analyzed by anyone.

I learned a long time ago that some people are not cut out for the internet, you can see it everywhere. The internet is permanent, and open for ridicule. You must protect your privacy, otherwise it can ruin your life and the people around you. There is a reason it is in the constitution.

I loved growing up with nothing more than a TV, we played outdoors, played board games in the house, went to the lake, rode bikes, etc. My 4 year old Grandson has mastered every electronic device in front of him, heck when he was 3 he unlocked his Dad's phone, found Grandma in the contact list and called her at 2:00 AM to say Hi Grandma.
Can he come by and set our VCR to record Cosmos? seriously.

He probably could, he knows his way around Netflix, DVD Player, etc. Baby Genius, but so are his Mom & Dad, very smart.

So what you're saying is they got their brains from mom then. . . . = )

Back