• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fortress FX-7 anchor for FSH

ajvigants

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I could probably save some $$$ and buy a Guardian, but where I boat the the bottom is just mud, the 45 degree angle of the FX-7 is likely a better choice for not too much more.

Anyone know if this fits the FSH anchor locker?

Am I overlooking a better option?

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's what we've be using for over a year. You have to cut about half an inch off each side to fit the fsh locker. It's hardened aluminum. But not that bad of a job with a hack saw and file to smooth off the cut.
Still looks like new and seems to set every time.

ajvigants

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
That's what we've be using for over a year. You have to cut about half an inch off each side to fit the fsh locker. It's hardened aluminum. But not that bad of a job with a hack saw and file to smooth off the cut.
Still looks like new and seems to set every time.
Thank you. I wasn't worried about having to trim the sides, just wanted to know the length was ok. Excellent.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I purchased the small fortress anchor, don't remember the size just to cut weight due to the boat being a bit under powered. Every pound helps. Fit perfect in the locker without modification.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
8lb Mantus 110% satisfied and fits in locker fine... has held in every condition without a hitch

ajvigants

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
8lb Mantus 110% satisfied and fits in locker fine... has held in every condition without a hitch
does it hang there nicely or did yo have to mod that or does it just sit on the rope as a bed?

ajvigants

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I purchased the small fortress anchor, don't remember the size just to cut weight due to the boat being a bit under powered. Every pound helps. Fit perfect in the locker without modification.
As far as I know the FX-7 is the smallest one, so wondering how you made it fit and others needed to cut it down? I'd go for their Guardian line to save $$ but it only does 32 deg and while 45 is where the fortress shines for mud holding power (which is what I need). Chart below is for much larger anchors but suggests that for mud the Fortress is my best bet.

upload_2017-5-12_19-44-19.png

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
With the FX -7 You have to put the anchor in first then the chain and line. We have 150' of line with 8 ft of good chain. Takes a little finesse to get it all in, but works no problem.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Btw the FX-7 is only 4 lbs.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Had no problem fitting it in at all without modification....