• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Forum upgraded to Xenforo 2.0.12

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I performed a long awaited upgrade to the current version of the Xenforo forum software.

This upgrade will have added some features and abilities as well as likely broken some old favorites.

For example the "What's new" tab has replaced the Recent Threads functionality that was where most of us started viewing the forum.

We will be replacing addons that did not migrate to the new forum software.

Please let us know how you feel about the upgraded software, what may be missing and what you would like to see improved.

Thanks

Oh boy, this must be why everything on mobile looks different now. ......

I had a minor panic attack at first..... even confirmed the URL to be sure I was in the right place!

Thanks for all your work!

Wait... No more dislikes??? I want my dislikes back! lol.
Just kidding. :winkingthumbsup"

@Bruce and @Administrative - thank you! What a great forum you guys run.
Wait... No more "@Administrative"? lol
It will take some getting used to. Love how you guys keep it up to speed!

--

I had a minor panic attack at first..... even confirmed the URL to be sure I was in the right place!

I did the same thing! Lol

Wait... No more dislikes??? I want my dislikes back! lol.
Just kidding. :winkingthumbsup"

@Bruce and @Administrative - thank you! What a great forum you guys run.
Wait... No more "@Administrative"? lol
It will take some getting used to. Love how you guys keep it up to speed!

--

I have a feeling that dislikes will be coming back.

The Xenforo 2 upgrade is supposed to be worthwhile but it broke all of our add-ons.

For continued access to security upgrades it is necessary.

should we expect most features (ratings buttons or user info under the avatar) to return as you continue to do updates or do we need to notify you of things that we miss

should we expect most features (ratings buttons or user info under the avatar) to return as you continue to do updates or do we need to notify you of things that we miss

Always good to mention what you see as missing but things will be coming back as add-ons that disappeared are replaced.

Made me do a double take... This place is awesome no matter the format. Thank you for its existence! I miss all the other ratings options and wish to add "wow", "wtf?", and "Cool AF". :winkingthumbsup"

The Media Gallery is back and looks better than before.

Working on restoring improved searching.

Enhanced searching is back.

Additional options to likes will return in coming days.

So far I like the improved editing and searching.

First off, like everyone else, I had to do a double take on the new site, almost night and day. The new look is really nice, going to have to explore all of the changes.

Something to possibly check into is the Facebook login function. I initially created my account with it was unable to login after the update, one password reset later and was good. Attached is the error that Facebook gives when attempting to login. It might have been my end but better to put it out there in case others are having an issue.

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 10.45.26 PM.png

First off, like everyone else, I had to do a double take on the new site, almost night and day. The new look is really nice, going to have to explore all of the changes.

Something to possibly check into is the Facebook login function. I initially created my account with it was unable to login after the update, one password reset later and was good. Attached is the error that Facebook gives when attempting to login. It might have been my end but better to put it out there in case others are having an issue.

View attachment 86701

Thank you, the URL for authorization must have changed. The 1.5 version of Xenforo that we were running was at the end of its life and Facebook was changing APIs which was about to break login compatibility. After resolving this Facebook logins should work for years to come.

I noticed it was down last night. Logged on this morning, Wow, quite a change. I have not gone any further than this thread yet, but I noticed, when you click on your own content it goes nowhere. Also sigpics are viewed in text mostly except for @Scottintexas, I can see his.

Looks much cleaner! I like it. Wish we still had the different "like" options.

I love the new look. The site looks like it went under the surgeons knife and is looking awesome now. I would love to have the the different like options emojis back. Those kept us entertaining.

Like it - just need all of our like options back. That is one thing that really stood out about this forum.

Also @Bruce I noticed that the positive ratings have changed, maybe to only "likes" and does not count other positive ratings from the past? Mine has lost about 900+/-. Not complaining...just mentioning what I see.

Screenshot_20190121-090955_Chrome.jpg

The new software is a blast on mobile devices. Thanks again guys!

I did the same thing. ..thought I was on the wrong site :) Thanks for all your work!

Back