• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

forward swept tower - what wake/kneeboard rack combo?

Rufusthedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi,

I want to get a wake/kneeboard rack combo for my 2017 AR190 with the forward swept tower.

There are some threads in here on what fits looks like the pre-forward-swept, however i wanted to try to get some information on my boats model year.

First off, I believe the size I'm looking for is 2 and 3/8 inches. I can't find anything concrete stating that, but i've guessed this is the case because i know the earlier year towers were 1 and 7/8ths as there is only two options when purchasing from https://www.bulletlines.com/Yamaha-Wakeboard-Racks-p/655.htm.

Is the tower tapered? I can see it swoops back, I really don't want anything that is going to slide around or fall off.

How much should i spending? Are the knee/wake racks OK? (I haven't seen one in person, only wake + wake racks). If anyone could recommend a brand that worked well for them and might fit my situation that would be appreciated too.

Any tips appreciated, thanks in advance. -Joe

----
Other Info:

• Is it ok to have a rack on one side of the tower but not the other? I'm guessing yes but had to ask, as every boat i see tends to have two.
  • My wake boad is 57 inches long, and pretty wide also (i think 18?). Either way, it doesn't fit in the underneath locker on the AR.
  • The kneeboard is a big hunk of plastic as most of them are. I'm not sure of the dimensions but i think it's average. Also doesn't fit in the underneath locker.
  • I don't need anything to swing into the boat; i don't want to spend the money.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sorry I can't answer most of your questions,
I have two from bulletlines that was bought about 5-6 years ago. The black protective strips started falling out after about a year, I thought they should last longer and when I asked bulletlines about it they just suggested buying new strips.

I'm really glad I have racks to get them out of the way but a swivel rack would make loading/unloading much easier (maybe with a forward tower yours will be positioned differently but mine are aprox. where the capitan's chair is so it's a stand on the side of the boat to load/unload them).

I really wish the top of the tower rack would be more available (like Kxcam made himself).

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi,

I want to get a wake/kneeboard rack combo for my 2017 AR190 with the forward swept tower.

There are some threads in here on what fits looks like the pre-forward-swept, however i wanted to try to get some information on my boats model year.

First off, I believe the size I'm looking for is 2 and 3/8 inches. I can't find anything concrete stating that, but i've guessed this is the case because i know the earlier year towers were 1 and 7/8ths as there is only two options when purchasing from https://www.bulletlines.com/Yamaha-Wakeboard-Racks-p/655.htm.

Is the tower tapered? I can see it swoops back, I really don't want anything that is going to slide around or fall off.

How much should i spending? Are the knee/wake racks OK? (I haven't seen one in person, only wake + wake racks). If anyone could recommend a brand that worked well for them and might fit my situation that would be appreciated too.

Any tips appreciated, thanks in advance. -Joe

----
Other Info:

• Is it ok to have a rack on one side of the tower but not the other? I'm guessing yes but had to ask, as every boat i see tends to have two.
  • My wake boad is 57 inches long, and pretty wide also (i think 18?). Either way, it doesn't fit in the underneath locker on the AR.
  • The kneeboard is a big hunk of plastic as most of them are. I'm not sure of the dimensions but i think it's average. Also doesn't fit in the underneath locker.
  • I don't need anything to swing into the boat; i don't want to spend the money.
I only have one rack on my AR195, mainly do to the fact I have to take off the long part to fit it in my garage (it's only one bolt so not too big of a pain). Keep in mind your going to want one that swings for docking and tie up purposes, just my 2 cents. Also keep in mind you may need 2 racks (as when I have my surf board in the rack my wakeboard is loose as the width of the boards are different - I have tried every position and it just doesn't work). Also you may have to get a specialized rack for the kneeboard as there is no way a kneebord is fitting in my rack as the depth of the board will not fit. Not sure how much help this was.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Samson swivel rack are awesome. They are on the high price side but they will make any combo you want