• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Found a cooler option

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have been searching for a better quality cooler that will fit under the leaning post. And keep ice longer than a few hours. Took a chance and ordered one off Amazon and its the perfect fit. Have yet to try it but reviews stated ice would last 4-5 days, which is all I need. Quality seems on par with the other big brands, and only $99 with free shipping . Link is below for anyone else interested. https://www.amazon.com/Giantex-Outdoor-Insulated-Fishing-Hunting/dp/B073LVKKV2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1531880425&sr=8-6&keywords=32+quart+coolerIMG_20180717_215857.jpg IMG_20180717_215913.jpg IMG_20180717_215913.jpg

Ralph MIA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice. Let us know how it goes.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I use 16 or 20 oz water bottles frozen instead of cubes, they last longer and when melted can still be drank. They also keep the inside of cooler much dryer.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have not gotten a chance to use it. Had plans on a long weekend on the lake but that didn't happen due to bad weather

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just thought I would follow up with the results of the cooler. Finally had a chance to use it last week on a trip to Torch Lake in upper Michigan. All in all it did what I needed it to do. My goal was not to spend a ton of money but needed something that would hold ice for at least 3 day. It made 4 days so it passed the test. I will say one entire day the cooler sat under the OEM storage cover as I used that as my trailer cover to make the trip. As you may or may not know they don't breath well at all so it was pretty toasty in there for one day. With that said it's possible I could have gotten 5 days? For less than a $100 it was well worth the investment yielding much better ice retention over the stock cooler.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have been searching for a better quality cooler that will fit under the leaning post. And keep ice longer than a few hours. Took a chance and ordered one off Amazon and its the perfect fit. Have yet to try it but reviews stated ice would last 4-5 days, which is all I need. Quality seems on par with the other big brands, and only $99 with free shipping . Link is below for anyone else interested. https://www.amazon.com/Giantex-Outdoor-Insulated-Fishing-Hunting/dp/B073LVKKV2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1531880425&sr=8-6&keywords=32+quart+coolerView attachment 79208 View attachment 79209 View attachment 79209
Can I ask for a huge favor. My boat is at the dealer with a motor issue and may be there for a couple of weeks. Could you possibly measure the width, depth and height of the space where the cooler sits, I found one just a bit bigger on the link you gave us and I think it will still fit. I don't mind forking out the extra 20.00 to pick up an extra 8 Qts of space, but since I don't have my boat to measure I want to make sure it fits. Thanks in advance.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im sure someone has one that is not covered but. I took it off and here you go. 20 5/8" front to back that is from the bar in front to the rise in the fiberglass. you can fit that there. you can also fit 24 3/4" side to side in the fiberglass indent. there is 2.5" of extra space side to side above the indent. there is room above and below the bar in front and as much space behind the cooler above the indent as you want. 15 3/4" high to the bar under the seat and more hight for the rest of the area. first week Jan and Feb ill be in Islamorada see you in the Keys if you are around.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just ordered the 40QT from there if you want to wait ill let you know i should get it between the 9th and the 14th. It should fit.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im sure someone has one that is not covered but. I took it off and here you go. 20 5/8" front to back that is from the bar in front to the rise in the fiberglass. you can fit that there. you can also fit 24 3/4" side to side in the fiberglass indent. there is 2.5" of extra space side to side above the indent. there is room above and below the bar in front and as much space behind the cooler above the indent as you want. 15 3/4" high to the bar under the seat and more hight for the rest of the area. first week Jan and Feb ill be in Islamorada see you in the Keys if you are around.
Thanks a lot Live, it looks like the measurements will work great for the 40 qt. Let me know how it fits once you get yours. Hit me up when you come down, I'm usually at home during that time of year but I can definitely get on the water any time.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They come out of Canada so it took a little longer than normal being ordered from Amazon. And yes I think a 40 would have fit. I wanted to be able to lift it open and be able to slide a cold one out without having to slide it out from under the seat and I can do that with the 30

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It shipped already, I got the email. As soon as it gets here Ill throw it in and snap a pic. Then Ill throw in a 8lb bag of ice and see how long it last.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It shipped already, I got the email. As soon as it gets here Ill throw it in and snap a pic. Then Ill throw in a 8lb bag of ice and see how long it last.
Awesome can't wait to see how it looks on your boat, hopefully I will eventually have my boat back so I can order my own, at the rate it's going I won't need a cooler, instead I will need a hot water bottle as I may not get my boat back until winter....LOL

Chadharter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The first thing I thought to myself when I bought the boat is that I'd want to replace the cooler......I don't have the requirement that you do to keep ice for 3 days. I took the boat out last week for the first time and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the stock cooler. Granted, it won't keep ice for 3 days but it is very light. I filled it up with ice, drinks, sandwiches, etc. I could still easily lift it up to the side of the boat and move it around. Some of those coolers get pretty heavy. After a day of boating in 90 degree heat, I still had a lot of ice left in the cooler. I'm going to stick with it for now.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wanted a cooler that I could fill up on Friday and come end the day Sunday still have ice. Otherwise after everyday I've got to empty the cooler and restock the next day. This way the beers cold for three days :)

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
F650C6F2-2029-4CDB-991F-BAE325A77BD1.jpeg Here is the 40 qt. Fits great will have to move the little lips that stop the front edge but here it is. I just rested it on top of them for the photo.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
image.jpg I just dumped in tray of ice 9:24 pm the 10 th
It is 70 degrees all the time in my house. Test is inside.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Liveto99 Man it looks great. What did you say you were going to have to remove, it seems like it fits perfect?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
C8F5D13F-04FC-4508-846E-660D107AE55E.jpeg The little pieces that hold the front of the cooler. They are screwed to the engine hatch under the seat. I would take a pic but it is raining. You could leave them. The cooler is on top of them in the pic. So the front of the cooler is raised up about an inch. Here is the cooler at 9:26 am 12 hours after the ice was put into it.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
9D2728F8-AC62-4A39-898B-65151C19BC1F.jpeg Ice gone this morning water still very cold.
So Two days? It was 1 level tray of ice from the freezer. Nothing else. So more ice and or cold stuff would last longer. So three times better than the stock cooler. The walls are only about 1 inch deck and this color is lighter than my 20 quart pelican Cooler. I think that it is a nice trade-off between cold retention and weight and would definitely recommend it for 120 bucks or so