• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Found an R7!!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Traded my new Ninja 650 which was a stunner and got loads of compliments.

This beast is awesome though! Been waiting to get back on a Yamaha bike since I had to sell my R1 15 years ago.

Love my Yamahas!!8A3A0C93-CF03-48F2-9DB3-1782DB542A12.jpegD286AF0F-DA49-4B7B-BC17-E712FA8E4CD1.jpeg

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Doctor would be proud!F91EA12F-3F34-4A1F-ABA4-F98C246D9614.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful bike! My R1 inline 4 cylinder comes in this tidy package. Love that engine!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Why do they put handles on the front of the skis?
So you can pull them out of the hole you fell into? Or for just moving them around?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So you can pull them out of the hole you fell into? Or for just moving them around?
Exactly. Pulling by hand when stuck or adjusting on the trailer. Originally the loop on skis were designed to avoid the ski catching or spearing anything and over decades they have evolved into handles.

Many mountain sleds have grippers on top of the skis for boots as well to help tipping the sled back over when flipped.
My skis are actually wide mountain skis just because I like the floatation. Even though we are flatland trail riders.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To dig out when you stuff it!

Edit: dang I was late on that!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not to hijack this thread too much but it was the love of that engine sound that sold me. I have over 25,000 miles on two Apex’s for the love of that high revving four stroke.

And unlike the two stroke boys, there is no fear ripping that animal for miles and miles above 100mph! They can do it, but most fear blowing the engine. The Yamaha inline four just loves being strung out and has torque for days. In Michigan we can put on a 100 miles before breakfast and push it past the century mark safely!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Beautiful bike! My R1 inline 4 cylinder comes in this tidy package. Love that engine!

WOW!! That’s beautiful! Grew up in Wisco and had my own sled by ‘16. Just a single cyclinder Artic Cat, but I wanted an Yamaha SRV or VMax so bad. Now where I grew up, Racine County, you have to trailer to snowmobile when I used to rip right out of our garage.

I’m jealous! I’d put up the boat and the R7 for a season on that! Enjoy!!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Lot of blue on that bike. Looks sharp!
Thank you so much!! I’ve always wanted a Yamaha blue sport bike. I saved $10,000 cash back in 2003 for a blue R6. When I went in to buy, they had a used red, carbon-fiber and white R1 with only 245 miles on it for the price of the R6. I ended up with the bigger bike and loved her.

I’m old now and don’t need an R1, shoot I don’t need an R7, my neck was reminding me of that today.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful bike!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
WOW!! That’s beautiful! Grew up in Wisco and had my own sled by ‘16. Just a single cyclinder Artic Cat, but I wanted an Yamaha SRV or VMax so bad. Now where I grew up, Racine County, you have to trailer to snowmobile when I used to rip right out of our garage.

I’m jealous! I’d put up the boat and the R7 for a season on that! Enjoy!!
Ok, so is the R7 an inline twin or three cylinder? I had thought it was a three and sounded a bit throatier than an R1. The sound is what gets me, and I may just go that direction someday again, but I do love my current bike.

For you bike junkies, other than the lack of shifting, take a listen to the audio on this video. Normally I drop in music, but this one you can hear the Yamaha liter engine so nice!!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so is the R7 an inline twin or three cylinder? I had thought it was a three and sounded a bit throatier than an R1. The sound is what gets me, and I may just go that direction someday again, but I do love my current bike.

For you bike junkies, other than the lack of shifting, take a listen to the audio on this video. Normally I drop in music, but this one you can hear the Yamaha liter engine so nice!!

Its a parallel twin. The all the 900 series are 3 cylinders

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Its a parallel twin. The all the 900 series are 3 cylinders
Right. The MT-09 is a three cylinder. The R7 uses the very torquey CP2 used on the MT-07. It doesn’t redline super high like a race bike. It’s more like a naked bike with a sport layout. I love the low end torque and it pulls all the way through, but I haven’t gone over 7k rpm as I am still in break-in.

She sounds okay, better than the Ninja 650 I had. With stock exhaust, it’s only going to sound so good. I plan on adding a Graves exhaust once I’ve had the first service.These things sound SO good when fitted with an aftermarket exhaust.

Once I have it on, I will definitely post video.