• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Found Bolt

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone recognize this bolt? Found it in my bilge under the pump. I pulled the pump from the basket to replace, burnt out awhile ago (I have a massive back up) and am now finally replacing. It looks like the bolts securing the engine and engine mounts but all of them are accounted for.
20200421_143646.jpg

20200421_143650.jpg

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Check the bolts that go into the hinge for the engine hatch. Gotta look up, haha. I had one back out on my old AR210. There's two on each side. Looks similar, but mine didn't have 2 washers.

Can you tell what's stuck in the treads there? Is that fiberglass?

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like red loc-tite, and looking at it, does not look like it was threaded, I am starting to think it was dropped durning manufacturing and simply left but I am going to do a full inspection today before I change the oil.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like red loc-tite, and looking at it, does not look like it was threaded, I am starting to think it was dropped durning manufacturing and simply left but I am going to do a full inspection today before I change the oil.
Beat me to it. Here's what I was about to post.

Looks like dried thread-locker applied right before the bolt was dropped and the person at Yamaha let out an "Aw S--t!" They then proceeded to shrug, grab another bolt, and get on with their day.

Most of us have been gifted some sort of free hardware from Yamaha.

Maybe. I'd still check everything I could just to be sure.

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beat me to it. Here's what I was about to post.

Looks like dried thread-locker applied right before the bolt was dropped and the person at Yamaha let out an "Aw S--t!" They then proceeded to shrug, grab another bolt, and get on with their day.

Most of us have been gifted some sort of free hardware from Yamaha.

Maybe. I'd still check everything I could just to be sure.
I agree. I will comb the engine today and see.

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all the replies. More to follow I suppose.

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I found nothing. I combed both motors. Yamaha numbers the bolt heads so that makes it easy. The only place I found these types of bolts are on the engine mounts to the hull and to the engine. I put my finger on each bolt. So I conclude it was dropped during construction and simply left since it went under the bilge basket. On a good note, the Yamalube I pulled from the engines looked great. Thanks again everyone.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am sure the assembler doesn't waste time searching for a dropped bolt, which happens a lot. They just get another bolt from the bin and move on. Its not like if it falls to the bilge it will screw up anything