• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Found this in the boat, what is it?

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm the second owner, had the 242 a year and a half. I found this today in the starboard rear compartment. I have no idea what it is or if it has anything to do with boating. Anyone know what this is?

image.jpeg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can see how it would be a strap from the tower to the rear tower mount when it is folded forward.
Thanks Julian!

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is correct it is used to transport the boat with the tower folded during shipping.

AJDerzie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like a ruler... ;)

Lola Kearney

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
It is used to transport a boat from one location to another.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
According to my dealer; these are for storing the boat only, and you should never transport the boat with the tower in the folded down position.

afdouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty sure this is a bracket for holding the tower up while folded down
Hope to bump this....I just purchased a 242 Limited S. Should this have come with the boat? If not, does anyone know where I can get one? TIA.

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
If you swing by my garage this afternoon you can have mine - when I asked the dealer what they were he indicated they were part of the shipping kit when they came from the factory but that I would never need them (not sure why they left them in the boat) - I've never used them.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@afdouble -

The tower on your boat is different than the one @smack has. The towers were updated in 2015 to the larger forward swept towers - they are completely different.

FYI - I have never folded my tower. Per Yamaha you are to tow your boat with the tower up. Folding the tower is only to get it into your garage. (or under low bridges)

afdouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@afdouble -

The tower on your boat is different than the one @smack has. The towers were updated in 2015 to the larger forward swept towers - they are completely different.

FYI - I have never folded my tower. Per Yamaha you are to tow your boat with the tower up. Folding the tower is only to get it into your garage. (or under low bridges)

Thanks for the reply. It looks as if that tool will not help me. My issue is the boat dock roof. My previous boat did not have a tower. The roof on the dock is too low for the current tower, but has about two feet of clearance when the tower is lowered. However, the tower refuses to stay in its lowered position. Anybody solved an issue like this....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. It looks as if that tool will not help me. My issue is the boat dock roof. My previous boat did not have a tower. The roof on the dock is too low for the current tower, but has about two feet of clearance when the tower is lowered. However, the tower refuses to stay in its lowered position. Anybody solved an issue like this....
I've never lowered my tower, but the boat did come with metal brackets that are for supporting the tower when it is folded down. Since you say it won't stay down, perhaps these brackets don't "Support" it while down, but rather hold it in the down position?? @Kane @Glen Either of you lower the tower and have pics/descriptions of the brackets for the e-series tower?

afdouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've never lowered my tower, but the boat did come with metal brackets that are for supporting the tower when it is folded down. Since you say it won't stay down, perhaps these brackets don't "Support" it while down, but rather hold it in the down position?? @Kane @Glen Either of you lower the tower and have pics/descriptions of the brackets for the e-series tower?

That is exactly what I am looking for...brackets that will h old the tower in its "down/folded" position. I may have to go to the dealer, because I can't find any that came with the boat.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is exactly what I am looking for...brackets that will h old the tower in its "down/folded" position. I may have to go to the dealer, because I can't find any that came with the boat.
Mine are in a box in my garage....I can take a photo tonight so you know what you are seeking (if my addled brain remembers! LOL -Setting an alarm now!)

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine stays down and is quite heavy. You say yours wont stay down, it springs back to the up position? Are the cables pulling it back up? That's weird does anyone/everyone's tower want to stay up? Is mine screwed up?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine stays down and is quite heavy. You say yours wont stay down, it springs back to the up position? Are the cables pulling it back up? That's weird does anyone/everyone's tower want to stay up? Is mine screwed up?
And the X will be even heavier because you have to add 2 can speakers, one speaker bar and 2 board racks to the weight.

afdouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

I don't know, maybe my tower is messed up, the tower is pretty heavy but will not stay down. Even the large bimini and trickle chargers wont make it stay down. It wont necessarily pop all the way to its "up position," but rests about half way. It appears to do that because of the hydraulic cylinders, but that is merely a guess.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for taking a picture. Now, I am almost 100% certain I did not get that item upon delivery. It also looks like what I need. I will have to go about getting some. Thanks again.
Please take photos of them in place once you get them! I'm curious where they fit!