• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Four Winns 270

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not in the market for another boat and i am happy with a jetboat, but as the prices climb higher and higher for the top end yamaha's it is interesting to see what else is out there...

This came through my email and for 26-27' it is basically in the neighborhood of a 242x

270RS.jpg 270RS.1.jpg

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
this is the outboard version, but i think it is a nice boat...

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'd buy the four winns over the yammie for those prices. Hope yamaha Corp is reading. Last boat show I went too, my wife had to drag me out of their version of a SS.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is some stiff competition for all of the jet boat manufacturers. The size and price are the in the range that would put me in the market for a newer boat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I havent read all the details, but the email i have says it comes with a trailer, dual batteries, and most of that stuff... most of the options i saw were bigger engine, boat cover options, bimini options, etc...

For a 26.5 foot boat i thought that price seemed very good in comparison to the 24' Yamahas (even though im sure it would climb higher than this with certain options)

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd buy the four winns over the yammie for those prices. Hope yamaha Corp is reading. Last boat show I went too, my wife had to drag me out of their version of a SS.
Just as FYI... the SS is the same price:

SS.jpg SS1.jpg SS2.jpg SS3.jpg

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The fine print says the price is for the base model....pretty sure that the boat pictured is 93k (tower etc).

77k gets you something closer to this boat....which is still nice (but as this has an 88k MSRP there might be an even more stripped down model?)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So out of curiosity....because this boat looks so nice....I had to go out and price this out.....and after I added swim mats, pop up cleats, stereo, tower, bimini, colored hull etc (basically tried to match a 242x without ballast system) I got to $101k, which would then get their $11k discount and be 90K. Which isn't surprising as it is a bigger boat. Copied the build below:Screenshot_2016-01-14-14-11-05.jpg

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice boat but if I were buying a stern drive it would be a Bryant. The make a high quality boat and have a surf package!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it's interesting they have this set of seats in the stern facing back, in the first pic you can see a kid sitting there in the corner on the port side, while under way. I dont see how this is very different than Yamaha seats in the back, albeit the swim platform here looks a good ft longer. I'm assuming it is legal to sit there under way in the four winns :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Julian I'm glad you got the steering wheel option. It might be a bit difficult to steer without that. :winkingthumbsup"