• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Freemasons Check In...

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I recently decided to start pursuing a membership in the Fraternal Freemason Society.

The lodge master contacted me after expressing my interest on their website and we are scheduled to attend the dinner next week at our local lodge.

Is anyone else a Mason on here? Perhaps some insight on what it's like to be member?

My father is a Mason but I dont he's attended a meeting in a long time.

My step-father ( he has been there for me for 30+ years ) is a 32nd degree Mason and I cannot get a word out of him about the society. He tells me if I am interested then I have to go. That is about as much as I can tell you that I know.

I belong to the Gate of the Temple here. I have been a Mason for 30 years now and belong to the Shrine for almost 20 years. Being a member is basically what you put into it. I did not go through the chairs and haven't been to a meeting in some time. It just hasn't been a priority to me at this time. If you want to put in the time and work through all the different chairs, I'm not going to go into detail about this, but it can be rewarding. The reason I can say this is because I know several men that have done this and was glad they took the time. There is a lot of memorizing but it's something that can be done. I wish I could share a little more, but I can't.

Thanks @Jim Robeson, I'm scheduled to speak with the lodge master tonight. My fiance and I also plan on attending their scheduled dinner next week. Good to hear that it has been a positive experience for you and your brothers.

So secritive!
I am a mason, but not a freemason.
Alls i know is what ya see in the movies.

My grandfather was a Shriner and all I remember is that they had a lot of social activities at the Mosc and he practiced marching because he was in the marching patrol. We went a lot of parades too. I have a first cousin that's a Mason and his late father was one as well. I've considered joining either one a few times, but just have not pursued them.

@RobA please keep us posted on what you decide to do. It doesn't sound like you can share what really goes on though. It may be something that I look into more in the next year or two.

My dad is a Shriner and Freemason. He was active on here until he sold his boat. Holler at me if you want contact info for him.

Back