• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Freight, Trailer, and Prep Cost

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I am curious to hear what kinds of costs you all have been seeing/paying recently. BMC Boats in Longwood, FL quoted around $2,700 (I didn't write it down to remember exactly...) which included a galvanized trailer upgrade. Is this typical ballpark price to go from MSRP to out the door price?

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Dealer in Va charging an additional $500 for galvanized trailer upgrade. $499 processing fee. No freight fee. Also with a refundable deposit of $1,000 you get 2020 195S list: $39,999. Very pleased. Numerous other postings had dealers jacking up the price with big freight and prep fees while zero info on an eta for delivery.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just got a quote for a new Mastercraft, 1000.00 freight and prep on a 108,000.00 MSRP boat.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Dealer in Va charging an additional $500 for galvanized trailer upgrade. $499 processing fee. No freight fee. Also with a refundable deposit of $1,000 you get 2020 195S list: $39,999. Very pleased. Numerous other postings had dealers jacking up the price with big freight and prep fees while zero info on an eta for delivery.
Hmmm, that sounds like Holly Acres? I'm awaiting delivery of a 252S and had same deal! Working with Shan...very nice folks there!

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey Stan: Yes working with Shan. I felt comfortable that he was a straight shooter and would keep me informed. I'm not betting on getting a boat w/in the next 6 weeks. Hit me back a message if you hear anything and I will do the same. Thanks

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey Stan: Yes working with Shan. I felt comfortable that he was a straight shooter and would keep me informed. I'm not betting on getting a boat w/in the next 6 weeks. Hit me back a message if you hear anything and I will do the same. Thanks
I am working with Shan also on a 195S, same deal. Deposit was July 21 and I spoke to him last week... it’s showing up in YDS but no eta. I too will keep you updated on events.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I am working with Shan also on a 195S, same deal. Deposit was July 21 and I spoke to him last week... it’s showing up in YDS but no eta. I too will keep you updated on events.
At least it's showing up in the YDS...that's progress at least!

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hard to tow the grandkids with “it’s showing up in YDS” but it is progress. I am about to drive my wife crazy waiting on this boat. (She doesn’t have far to travel... we have been married for quite some time). I hope to get at least the 10 hours put on it before the season ends this year. Good luck to all of us and may all of our boats arrive soon!

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
At least it's showing up in the YDS...that's progress at least!
Spoke to Shan today, he received three boats yesterday (not mine) and told me they were waiting on stickers and maybe windshields at the factory. the truck driver said the lot at the factory was full of boats and he is hauling with little to no rest.
Hope yours was one of the boats that came in this week.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Spoke to Shan today, he received three boats yesterday (not mine) and told me they were waiting on stickers and maybe windshields at the factory. the truck driver said the lot at the factory was full of boats and he is hauling with little to no rest.
Hope yours was one of the boats that came in this week.
Well, sounds like progress at least. You and @malmana will have better luck getting your boats sooner than I will. I'm hearing November delivery on 252 models unfortunately. Good luck getting it soon, and perhaps you can get it out before the end of the season.

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks for the update. I'm sure none of the three would be for me. I didn't put my deposit down until 8/27 (195S yacht blue) So I'm sure to be at the end of the line.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@malmana yup and we will probably both have the same amount of time on the water this year... next to nothing. 🤪