• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Freshwater washdown / shower repair

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I couldn’t find any topics on this so I figured maybe this will help someone. My 232 Limited came stock with the freshwater shower on the swim platform. It was a big hit with myself and the kids, getting lots of use on something I would’ve never expected we needed or would use.

All was well until it somehow broke over the winter last year. I didn’t do anything with it last year but decided to take a look this year. The pump would come on and run, but no water came out of the nozzle and seemed to leak out of the plug in the transom. I pulled the whole carpeted starboard side off of the engine bay and found that the hose barb that the pump pressure hose was connected to had broken off. The hose barb was threaded and screwed into an insert that went into the wall behind the nozzle holder and switch.

Now here’s where you can save time—you don’t need to remove the whole wall, you can reach it from the access panel where the wire looms are. You can also remove the four screws used to hold the insert in that contains the nozzle and the switch and unscrew the big nut off by hand where the nozzle hose connects. After removing the big nut, you can then pull the insert out from the access hole in the engine bay.

$0.79 and a trip to the hardware store will have you back in business.

Broken piece
F8D5132B-46B9-4A7C-A9BF-03954F1504D8.jpeg

With the new $0.79 piece attached:
48D59D93-156A-4734-A611-384A7EA0CA2B.jpeg

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Updating this as I've needed to replace the spray nozzle on the shower. Several years ago I must've had some water freeze in the line and cracked the threads in the nozzle where it connects to the hose. I looked up the price of the shower nozzle from Yamaha Sports Plaza and it was over $60 plus shipping. Since that was a complete rip off and no regular nozzle from any hardware store would've fit in the little cubby that you stow it in, I tried several times to fix it with plumber's tape, etc. but nothing held. I just limped along with it on low pressure and a leak for a year or two and decided to try to fix it again, but this time all the threads broke off.

IMG_1330.jpg

After a whole season and a half of not having any use of the shower at all, my 7 year old daughter asked me to please fix it because she liked it after an outing. As I sat there with it in my cart with the 2020 price of $85 including shipping, once again I'm stricken with the fact that this is highway robbery. I decided to take the whole thing apart and found a sticker that said "SSI Custom Plastics, Hollywood, MD" on the cubby. It turns out that the company that makes the freshwater shower is about 30 miles from me, but you can't buy it on their website and they don't answer the phone or emails. Searching for "SSI Custom Plastics Shower Nozzle" on Google had me in business and I located the exact part for $22 plus shipping for a total of $31.XX from Replacementboatparts.com.