• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

fsh 210 aftermarket windshield

FamilyTime

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone found a solution for a better windshield for the fsh 210? I noticed that the new 255 has a full windshield that is mounted to the tower, has anyone done this to their 210 sport? Would it be too much for the tower to handle? Does anyone see any safety issues with mounting a windshield on the tower? Thanks for any responses.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Weight won't be an issue at all. The tower moves a LOT though. Maybe a good piece of "glass" would help stiffen it up with the proper mounting.... or maybe you'd end up with a windscreen that keeps cracking.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I think they did that to stiffen up the tower. The way the structure is, there's a lot of flex from side to side.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had to glue a piece of rubber to the inside leg of the forward tower legs. because it would sway side to sided and the windshield was eating into the powder coat. I'm surprised Yamaha hasn't come up with some sort of eisenglass upgrade for the t top.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I removed my top today to get it in to my storage building for the winter. I can tell you this much all of the side to side movement is managed by the bolts going through the center console. Based on what I could see you possibly could insert a small rubber spacer between the t top frame and the cc to prevent your issue with the frame rubbing the windshield. I don't seem to have this issue .

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cool, I'll have to take a closer look at that. Thanks

FamilyTime

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thinking about using a golf cart windshield. Of course I’ll have to trim it to size. I found one that is .25 in acrylic. It is also a split windshield. Thoughts?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Might look hokie, IDK. Can you bend plexi with a heat gun? Never tried.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m looking to do an enhanced windshield as well... I’m thinking the eisenglass route and just securing it with snaps. I like the wind sometime, just not all the time, especially when it is cooler.

FamilyTime

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I completed my project using a .25 inch golf cart windshield. It folds so I can allow the wind to still pass. Also I built it while keeping the original windshield still installed. I did have to drill into the tower but it was only 3 holes on each forward tower legs. The windshield “floats” from the tower. It is not screwed in and therefore should have enough play where it hopefully will not crack when the tower moves. I’ll post some pics soon.

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I completed my project using a .25 inch golf cart windshield. It folds so I can allow the wind to still pass. Also I built it while keeping the original windshield still installed. I did have to drill into the tower but it was only 3 holes on each forward tower legs. The windshield “floats” from the tower. It is not screwed in and therefore should have enough play where it hopefully will not crack when the tower moves. I’ll post some pics soon.
Courtesy reminder for pics please :D

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hmmmm it must have sank :p sorry its cold here in Michigan so I have nothing else to do.

FamilyTime

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry guys. Boat has been in storage but I plan to take it out this weekend, if the weather holds up, and I'll take pics then.

FamilyTime

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here are some pics. It worked very well on the lake. As you can see I am able to keep the original windshield in place. Little to no vibration while we were cruising around. I think the .25 inch plexiglass is more than adequate. Sorry it took a while to post these.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here are some pics. It worked very well on the lake. As you can see I am able to keep the original windshield in place. Little to no vibration while we were cruising around. I think the .25 inch plexiglass is more than adequate. Sorry it took a while to post these.
Looks great! What’s going on with the clear material rolled up into the T top?