• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 210 engine quit with only 4.5 hours

Timothy Pearch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I was running both engines at 5000 RPMs today and the starboard engine just shut down. It will not restart or even attempt to turn over. Any help on what the problem could be? I had no notice and everything had been working fine the two hours prior.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like something on the engine kill switch circuit.

Akwoolf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I was running both engines at 5000 RPMs today and the starboard engine just shut down. It will not restart or even attempt to turn over. Any help on what the problem could be? I had no notice and everything had been working fine the two hours prior.
Based on personal experience, I would say to check the fuses in the fuse block.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I agree with @Liveto99 check the clean out hatch, may not be closed tight or the safety switch needs to be adjusted. Just have someone hold them down to see if the engine will turn over.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And the survey says? What was it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Akagi1955

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2019 FSH 210 Sport and was running at WOT when the starboard engine shut down suddenly. Was able to restart but It shut down again shortly after. Would not start again. I was offshore on Green Bay at the time and limped back to the harbor on the port engine. Luckily the weather was good. Next morning both engines did fire up and I put the boat back on the trailer. Both clean out ports were clear of any obstructions. Taking it to the dealer to be checked out while it is still under warranty (1 week left on warranty). Probably nothing but want to be sure.

Timothy Pearch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Mine was a kill switch located near the clean outs not fully depressing. Their is some “play” in the hatch (especially when hitting waves) and this allows the toggle switch to move up and down. The easy fix is to tape a penny or something to the underside of the hatch to close down the gap. However, I took mine in and they changed the switch and I haven’t had a problem since. Good luck. I hope that’s all it is.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I had the same problem with mine. The engine would shut off when I was in rough water. I actually had to move the latch down since the cam bar was already adjusted up as far as it would go and the latch still had enough play to trip the kill switch. Its easy to check, just get the motor running and lift on the hatch with the latches closed and see if it'll kill the engine.