• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 210 Livewell Access

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Whats the best way to get access to the front side of the livewell on the 2021 FSH 210? Does the divider beween the under seat storage come out between those sections? Thanks in advance.

Tyler Hallock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have been wondering the same thing. For some reason my light for the live-well stopped working

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had to replace my light in my 190. Its been a couple years but don't recall it being that difficult

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Whats the best way to get access to the front side of the livewell on the 2021 FSH 210? Does the divider beween the under seat storage come out between those sections? Thanks in advance.
Having just pulled the clean out tray to inspect all of the plumbing I’m pretty sure getting to the live well would be from the front and the side in the engine compartment.

The live well pump is located under the clean out tray cover. The service manual shows the live well pump as having a valve mounted to the hull and that valve appears to be under the live well. The aerator appears to be mounted directly to the aft side of the live well, the screen in the live well appears to be mounted onto the inlet pipe of the aerator.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What did you find out?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What did you find out?
I was looking to add another port at the bottom to use the livewell as a washdown storage tank. After disassembling the front and side I decided the rear would be best but havent popped the cleanout cover yet to do the work yet.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had to replace my light in my 190. Its been a couple years but don't recall it being that difficult
Newer FSHs have different Livewell design.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was looking to add another port at the bottom to use the livewell as a washdown storage tank. After disassembling the front and side I decided the rear would be best but havent popped the cleanout cover yet to do the work yet.
I take it you want to fill the live well with fresh water before heading out onto salt water? Pretty crafty way to get 26 gallons of fresh water without taking up storage space adding a separate tank!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I take it you want to fill the live well with fresh water before heading out onto salt water? Pretty crafty way to get 26 gallons of fresh water without taking up storage space adding a separate tank!
Yep, I have just been using the straw method with my intake hose to my washdown pump for now, it works great. I put a y valve in the intake so I can switch bewteeen the factory raw water intake or the fresh water to the washdown pump.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yep, I have just been using the straw method with my intake hose to my washdown pump for now, it works great. I put a y valve in the intake so I can switch bewteeen the factory raw water intake or the fresh water to the washdown pump.
So did your boat come with an electric pump for the raw water wash down as opposed to that system using the starboard jet pump Output?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So did your boat come with an electric pump for the raw water wash down as opposed to that system using the starboard jet pump Output?
No I added the SeaFlo washdown pump kit and just tied it into the existing jet pump washdown. Honestly I have yet to use the raw water side since I have had fresh water on the boat to use.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No I added the SeaFlo washdown pump kit and just tied it into the existing jet pump washdown. Honestly I have yet to use the raw water side since I have had fresh water on the boat to use.
Very cool! Did you attach the suction side of the sea flow kit to the output from the raw water output? And where did you mount the sea flow pump?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes I unhooked the original output and moved it to a Y valve at the pump intake and took the pump output and connected to the original raw water quick connect for the hose. I was able to match the original slip connectors at Boat Owners Warehouse to I did not have to cut any original hoses. Here is the only pic I have with me that showes the Valve and pump. PXL_20210206_193000784.jpg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes I unhooked the original output and moved it to a Y valve at the pump intake and took the pump output and connected to the original raw water quick connect for the hose. I was able to match the original slip connectors at Boat Owners Warehouse to I did not have to cut any original hoses. Here is the only pic I have with me that showes the Valve and pump. View attachment 144190
Well done!

Since you said you did not cut any hoses...did you disconnect the line on the backside of the wash down hose quick disconnect and run that to the pump suction side?

Did you use one of the OEM accessory switches to power the pump?

Thanks for the info on where you got the fittings! Any chance you could post the hyperlinks for the parts you used?

I think I’d like to set mine up so that I can either use the jet pump or the sea flow.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, the backside of the quick connect fitting has a slip type connector that releases when you press the unlock ring. I took one of the connectors to the marine store (Boat Owners Warehouse) to match then added the appropiate fittings to prevent cutting. I got the Stainless 3 way valve from Amazon. Its hooked to one of the Aux switches however I had to add a relay after the last use because with extended use it was tripping the breaker in the switch. I used 10 guage wire from the battery to the pump after adding the relay and 16 guage wire from the switch to the relay.

Below are the Amazon links.

My inspiration was these to videos, I basically did a hybird of the 2 but am planning on using the Livewell instead of the water tank. Im just having a mental block about drilling a hole in livewell.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, the backside of the quick connect fitting has a slip type connector that releases when you press the unlock ring. I took one of the connectors to the marine store (Boat Owners Warehouse) to match then added the appropiate fittings to prevent cutting. I got the Stainless 3 way valve from Amazon. Its hooked to one of the Aux switches however I had to add a relay after the last use because with extended use it was tripping the breaker in the switch. I used 10 guage wire from the battery to the pump after adding the relay and 16 guage wire from the switch to the relay.

Below are the Amazon links.

My inspiration was these to videos, I basically did a hybird of the 2 but am planning on using the Livewell instead of the water tank. Im just having a mental block about drilling a hole in livewell.
Thank you for the awesome reply!

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Could you tie into the drain hose line of the livewell, instead of drilling a new hole?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Could you tie into the drain hose line of the livewell, instead of drilling a new hole?
Having just been in the rear compartment I can tell you you could put a T fitting on the drain hose and add a valve after the OEM T where the main drain and the overflow drain come together. But it would be a bit of a reach to get to that valve through the inspection cover.

One could always put a through hull type fitting in the live well.

D4BEAE4C-67D9-4E54-9801-0B1B57E28002.jpeg

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Having just been in the rear compartment I can tell you you could put a T fitting on the drain hose and add a valve after the OEM T where the main drain and the overflow drain come together. But it would be a bit of a reach to get to that valve through the inspection cover.

One could always put a through hull type fitting in the live well.

View attachment 144267
I oringinally thought of tying into the drain hose but wasnt sure on valve to open and close the drain so I talked myself out of that approach. I was planning on using a 1/2 inch thruhull fitting. buy may investigate the drain hose again.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Actually I may get a 12v motorized ball valve to open and close the drain valve. That way once its installed it can be opened and closed from a switch. Any idea the ID of the Livewell drain hose? I haven not been in that compartment since I got the boat and installed the Transducer.