• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH Gunnel led lights instalation

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Before installing the lights, I measured how much amperage they would use to see if I could tap them into the current courtesy ligth circuit.
All 4 ligths connected to a 12 supply would only use 0.70 Amps.
So it was safe to add to the courtesy ligth circuit.
20151029_210456.jpg
Cut the right and left courtesy ligths and tap the new LED ligths
20151031_182729.jpg
Ran wires to the gunnel, back thru engine compartment and into the center console.

20151031_183902.jpg

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I did use marine silicone to cover the back of the LED lights and ligth connection to make them more waterproof, I do this to all LED ligths I buy from Amazon and I haven't had any issues with LED on boats or ATV.

I glued the ligths to the gunnel using the 3M double sided tape supplied with the ligths, I did heat up the tape with a hair blower before installing.
Clean the area were the ligths would stick to.

Before LED gunnel ligth, courtesy ligths only:
20151031_191932.jpg

After LED GUNNEL LIGHT INSTALLED
20151031_203411.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
added to the faq, looks great!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah that's a lot of light!! Nice job

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks to your post I decided to do mine as well but went with red LED's so they don't effect my night vision. I found these LED's packages on Amazon when I was going my lighting under the kitchen cabinets and now they are getting installed everywhere. I used the super bright white LEDS for my cabinets and then on my Fifth Wheel camper for extra bin lighting you just can't beat the price.
Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U5Y2860?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00
These are DC 12v lights so I just ordered the Zitrade strip connectors and some extra wire and ran them to my bottom accessory switch.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Nice! You are right about the white LED at night, out in the ocean they are very brigth. I only turn them on when fishing.
I will look into put in a dimmer to lower the brightness.

Did you install then in the rear platform too?

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have tried to daisy chain these LED's but can never get the 2nd pair to light up so I ended up using all my wiring running direct runs to all 4 sets of lights. I am going to pickup some extra wire and install the bright white LED's just behind the seat backings on the swim platform. That will also provide some better lighting than just my rear light pole when running at night.

TWENTY B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can't just run a single wire in and out then to the next light. You need to run a + and - to each and have them in parallel