• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ft Laudedale bridge clearances

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So if all things go right, sometime next year I might have a vacation home down in Lauderdale with a boat lift. To get onto the intercoastal I'd need to get under two bridges:

-the rt 1 (Federal hwy) over Middle River
- and E. Sunrise blvd bridge that leads to the Galleria

I read online that the E. Sunrise blvd bridge is getting work done and should be raised to 10'. My boat is 7'9 so that should be good, right? I have no idea what the Federal hwy bridge clearance is. Does anyone know or know how I can find this information out?

If I had to lower the tower I could take out the rear bolts and fold it forward. I'm not sure what the height would be then.

Can you just look on Google Earth and look at the boats beyond the bridge to see what size they are?

Julian I know the clearances are going to be tight... Probably between 6 and 12'. I'm looking for someone that knows for sure or can point me to something online that lists bridge clearances.

Those heights are at the median tide. All of those bridges should have height gauges at the bridge so you can quickly and easily read the available clearance at the current tide level.

Sorry, I don't have a list or link to the heights.

Is this the New River? I've been up and down the river going to and from Lauderdale Marine Center in a 75' and 96' boat. There are many draw bridges and a few fixed bridges that we had to time properly with the tide.

I looked and looked a while back for bridge clearances and never found any online. I just now looked at my Navionics app and it shows minimum clearance for the bridges around here, if you don't have the app let me know what bridge you are looking at and I'll look it up. This one shows 7ft, which would be at extreme high tide.

image.jpg

I think this is the sunrise bridge you are speaking of, it shows 4.9ft.
image.jpg
This is the Rt 1 bridge, shows 8ft so you should be fine with this one.image.jpg

Thanks for the info!! The sunrise blvd is currently under construction to raise it to over 10ft. The next bridge up having a clearance of 8 foot I'd have to lower the tower during high tide but otherwise would be doable!

Thanks for the quick help, guys! It's a relief knowing I could utilize my boat lift. It would kill me having a lift and not be able to use it!

That Sunrise clearance is low. Glad they are raising it. Drove by there the other day and saw the work going on.

Back