• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Fuel additives

McMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are you using and why? How many folks use ring free in there yamaha jet boat?

I have always and only use the Startron Enzyme fuel treatment. It's the blue bottle. It takes care of the ethinol problems as well as stabilize the fuel. I use it year around.

I am a Marine Grade Stabil guy myself, it is a dedicated fuel stabilizer with additives to combat the ethanol as is Startron. I use Ring Free in every tank as well. I use both because the manual says I should use both...and so do my buddies at my Yammi dealer.

I use Marine Stabil in every tank. I used SeaFoam, but switched to Stabil. One of the reasons I go with Marine Stabil is from reading opinions on the Forum.

always stabil. i also put it in my motorhome.

I use marine stabil in every tank as well to combat ethynal issues. When ethynal was first introduced in my area I began to have issues with all of my quads with carborators. Never had any issues in my fuel injected bikes but I started using stabil in all of my atv gas regardless, and the problems went away.

Is anybody using products to specifically remove moisture from the tank? I have seen a product called Heat at the marine shop but have never used it. I am wondering if it may be good to use for prevention, every few tanks.

Another vote for Marine Stabil. I use Yamaha ring free, but not in every tank.

Ok cool. I've used Marine Stabil over the years. With my new AR coming home in about two months, I just want to make sure that I do everything right to take good care of her!

-Mark

I use Yamaha's FuelMed.

I had heard that yamaha was relabeling ring free, but I had not seen this personally. Is that the fuel med @Williamsone46 ?

I also use Marine Stabil and Ring Free.

I use Marine Stabil as well. I use the regular Stabil in the 2 cycles engines. Knock on wood (fiberglass) nI have no issues!

Back