• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel compartment question

Sharon1026

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hey all,
Do you take off the fuel compartment cover and wash the fuel compartment after each use? That thing is heavy. I'll be honest, I don't, but I noticed that the owner's manual said you should.
Thx!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do not, but boat in fresh water. I take it off and clean around it when I rinse the rest of the floor, but not every outing. Have 24hrs on the boat now, and it's been cleaned twice.

SCSX190

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am in a wet slip and pull the boat once a month for a complete wash down. I unhook the fuel compartment cover and move it few inches and power wash around a bit. I guess I will completety remove it and wash it down next month.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nope. I've never done it. 4 years old now. I regularly remove the cover to clean the drainage pathways, but it's never really occurred to me to clean the compartment because it's never been dirty.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bet it is probably a smart thing to do for salt water boaters. I can't see why it would be important for fresh water users.