• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel gauge reading E

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
I am new to boating and just purchased a jet boat last week. I have a 2002 Sugar Sand Tango boat. When I filled up the gas the gauge was working fine. Once I got on the water I noticed it was reading E and I just filled it up. We were out for about 1 hour and it kept reading E. What would cause this and where would I get replacement parts.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like you may have a bad connection between the sending unit on the fuel tank and the guage. I would check there first. if all looks good check the sending unit to see if there is a small potentiometer that is adjustable with a small screwdriver. Often these pots have a dab of colored wax on them to keep them from slipping out of adjustment. If you find such an adjustment try turning it with the ignition on. If you are unable to adjust the sending unit it could be a bad sending unit or a bad guage. You can usually test the guage by putting 12 volts to it which should make it jump to full. If it does it's most likely a defective sending unit.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. I will start there and see what I come up with.