• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel in oil

Stephane Poirier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hi guys

Have u ever seen fuel in the oil in both motors? MR1 2005, One was working bad and the other was fine? I’ve seen the post about ECU, looks pretty much the problem that I have with one but both??? The boat is at dealer right now, and I m waiting for the diagnostic just don’t want to get screwed . Thanks

natiAR230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hi guys

Have u ever seen fuel in the oil in both motors? MR1 2005, One was working bad and the other was fine? I’ve seen the post about ECU, looks pretty much the problem that I have with one but both??? The boat is at dealer right now, and I m waiting for the diagnostic just don’t want to get screwed . Thanks
Hey I literally have this same issue - I just changed the oil and plugs - ran a bottle of Yamaha Ring Free in the gas and so far has been good. It makes me wonder if I was getting gas in the oil through the rings when I ran the boat when it had a clog or cavitation issue. I am still keeping a close eye on my boat and see if the issue comes back. Keep us posted what the dealer says.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Stephane Poirier
How long have you owned the boat?
Do you do the oil changes?
How frequently do you check the oil level?

both motors with fuel in the oil is strange,

It certainly sounds like an injector/ecu issue but to think you had an injector on each engine go bad is very uncommon,

Has your boat been exposed to a lot of rain or water (maybe at washing) without the cover on? once possible source of ECU failure is water draining down from the engine hatch

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could be a combination of things. But both engines is rare.

Off the top of my head, Possible causes:
1. Stuck fuel injector. Could be bad ecu or injector.
2. It’s possible that a cylinder isn’t firing. Could be caused by bad coil or spark plug.

Scanning the engines on YDS would help eliminate most of the above.

Good luck, hopefully it’s a simple fix.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a waverunner (mr-1) that did that, I called it "making oil" because the oil quantity would increase and smelt like gas. Ended up running some seafoam through it and the problem went away . Always monitored oil level from then after riding it to make sure it wasn't making oil again. Years later I sold the waverunner, issue never occurred again

Stephane Poirier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys
Thank for the input. Here’s what was the problem.
1- the boat was left one night with out the cover in a deadly rain. Probably the cause.
2- righthand motor ECM issue and bad spark plugs
3- lefthand motor bad spark plugs
Changed all the spark plugs, changed the ECM, back on the lake and now run’s fine. Is anyone has thought of drilling a hole in the black box with a little rubber plug just to drain it once in a while? ‘Cause that box was full of water. I’m thinking of doing this next winter!

Tuffkopf

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a waverunner (mr-1) that did that, I called it "making oil" because the oil quantity would increase and smelt like gas. Ended up running some seafoam through it and the problem went away . Always monitored oil level from then after riding it to make sure it wasn't making oil again. Years later I sold the waverunner, issue never occurred again
Can you clarify, ran Seafoam through the oil, or through a tank of fuel? Also, Did you use just what the can specifies, or a bit more?

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Added sea foam to fuel and the problem went away. I think I maybe had an injector sticking open.