• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

fuel injected Merc temp sensor

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Last couple seasons my 240 efi seemed at times to be smoking more than I had noticed before. After doing a little research, for shits and giggles I decided to change out the port temp sensor. 10 minutes and 38 bucks later holy crap!!!, it's like a new engine. Absolutely no smoke and the old neck snapping hole shot is back. Seems the computer gets its info from the port side temp sensor. If it gets bad the computer uses a default reading of 32 degrees and runs the injectors rich at lower rpm's hence the smoke and sluggish low speed. Came on so gradual I didn't notice. If you have a fuel injected Merc it's something to keep in mind

Bill

Sugarsand gary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hello billmon thank you for the info will look out for that.I just posted a thread on our sugar sand site.can you read and get back to me thanks,I am in a lake now I am starting to enjoy the boat.thanks for the tips you give me.I use every one,