• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel sending unit issues 2004 SX230

Okpete

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just replaced my old fuel sending unit. The original part (no longer available) has been replaced with YAM-F2A-U824B-00-00. After installing new unit now my fuel gauge is responsive but when float on sending unit is moved to full position it reads 1/2 on fuel gauge. When float is moved to full then fuel gauge reads full. The float on sending unit and needle on fuel gauge are responsive. Problem is that it’s only using have the fuel gauge. I’m not sure if there is a different ohms parameter between the two. Anyone have any thoughts? Thank you in advance. There is no full/empty calibration screws on sending unit like the original.

Last edited:

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a new one, but the screws were too long. During testing it worked fine when i plugged it in.

Okpete

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a new one, but the screws were too long. During testing it worked fine when i plugged it in.
Do you know the part # for the replacement you used?

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll have to look another time when I'm home. Can't find it in my email. It was ordered last year for my 2004 ar230 as the alternate. I need to order the shorter screws because the base was thinner.

Okpete

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll have to look another time when I'm home. Can't find it in my email. It was ordered last year for my 2004 ar230 as the alternate. I need to order the shorter screws because the base was thinner.
Had same issue with screws, if you were to come across part # it’d be greatly appreciated. I think I’m having a different ohm issue between sender and gauge.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1f2a u824b 00 00
My issue ended up buying that i needed to juggle the wires behind the gauges. Did that and it worked fine with the stock sender. Try that while someone watches the gauges. I think i got into this because gas spilled out, but the gauge said it was half tank.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe I read here someplace that the new fuel senders recalibrate themselves on each fillup. Have you filled your tank since installation?

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never installed it. I just hooked it up and moved the sender by hand. That's when i realized my issues wasn't the sender, it was loose wires on the gauge. I highly doubt they is any self calibration.

Okpete

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you.