• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel tank sending unit 08 AR230

Rockbtm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well after a lengthy fight to get the hatch cover off and remove all 14 #4 Robertson square head bolts I find my sending unit works but the float don’t float. Anyone have this issue? I ordered another from Babbits. I can slide the float up and down and it reads but put it in the fuel tank and no float. 7EAE9759-5842-42F5-A551-D7EC49414F7A.jpeg

DAuckerman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thats weird. I have a gauge stuck on full. Going to pulling my sending unit out this week as well. 2004 sx230.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I changed my sending unit as well, but after reading about the issues with the factory sending units, I went with a KUS sending unit. Part number 220872300 matched the length perfectly, I just had to splice the wires so I could use the original plug. Good luck with your repairs!

Hung Nguyen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I changed my sending unit as well, but after reading about the issues with the factory sending units, I went with a KUS sending unit. Part number 220872300 matched the length perfectly, I just had to splice the wires so I could use the original plug. Good luck with your repairs!
How did you splice the wires? Did you cut the plug from the old sender unit and wire it up to the new sender unit? Where does the third wire from the old plug goes to? Going to try your way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I cut the plug off the old one, and wired it to the new sending unit. I’ll snap a pic of the wiring after awhile, putting my kids to bed now…lol

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1D653747-7938-48B7-AF95-0AC76B0C95C1.jpeg
black to black, and white to either white, or what used to be red…. That worked perfect for me.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not a problem, man! Good luck with it!

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just replaced the sending unit in our 2006 SX230 Yamaha part # F2A-U824B-00-00 from Partzilla. It is a KUS and comes with a new gasket and the correct length screws for around $90.00.

French88

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the same problem with the float on my sending unit. It’s not floating. I took it out and it reads on the gauge if I move the float but it’s not floating In The gas tank.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Replacing the sending unit is a common repair, fortunately it’s quite simple. You can get the KUS unit (part number in my signature), and splice a couple wires, or the one that’s ready to go like the one listed by @Brad_Ct above. Both work fine, just comes down to whether you want to save a few bucks in exchange for a little extra time and effort on your part. If you prefer a simpler job, spend the extra few bucks. It’ll make for a much quicker repair.

Hung Nguyen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update on my installing of the fuel sending unit was a breeze. The screws that came with it will not fit. You have to run to your local hardware store for the correct size. Thanks to dgfreeze supplying us with the photo and Kus fuel sending unit part#. I got mine on ebay for $34.00. A lot cheaper than the factory one.