• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel/Water Seperator

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just curious. Has anyone added a fuel filter/water separator to their FSH?
Is there any reason why not to do it?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not on an FSH, but after a summer of bad fuel a couple years ago I added one to each engine on my boat. Haven't had a single problem since.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are using the boat on a regular basis And buying gas in trusted places, I don't see a need. Some boats in the 30'+ range typically have 100-200 gallon tanks where a water separator makes sense because you may have the same fuel sitting in half or less full tanks for long periods collecting moisture from tank condensation.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It was on my list of requirements of the dealer before taking delivery. The salespunk and service manager both said Yamaha already uses one inside the gas tank. When I asked how can I drain it? You can't. Next question was how will I know if I get some bad gas with water? Engine error codes will apparently light up like a Christmas tree. Sounded like a bad idea. Even if I install the Racor that I've used in the past, the factory tank would always clog first. So if you get water you hope the in-tank separator does its job but you'll still need the stealership to clean the tank and reset the codes. Bad idea if you ask me.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks, I figured that was probably the situation.
After I posted, I searched the entire site rather than just this FSH forum where I first started. I did find a few references on other models. One showed a photo of the in tank assembly. Ours are likely very similar. Depending on the micron rating of the in tank screen if I can find out somewhere...I may still decide to go with something downstream.