• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fueling Up ?s from New Owner

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Waiting for delivery of new 242SE. Will keep the boat on a lift in a covered slip.

Anyone have ideas to fuel dockside to avoid marina prices $4.00/gallon? That's alot of clams for a 50 gallon tank.

Also, please share your average fuel consumption if you own a 242.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I don't keep my docked, but I seem to average around 10-11gph cruising around. Usually 1 full tank will last 2 days of cruising, tubing, boarding and surfing for us. But everyone's use will be a little different.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I generally get between 10-12 GPH also with combined cruise, ski, wakboard activities. I also have 2 jetskis that need fuel, though they burn much less. I do have a system that is a bit of a pain, but not that bad. My boat is on a lift, so I Iower it to where the refuel port is below the dock level. I then have a dishwasher drain hose that I put one end over the gas can nozzle. the one end of the hose fits perfectly and seals with no leaks. The other end goes in the refuel port. I set the can on its side and gravity does the work without having to hold the can. The only bad part is dragging the cans from the house to the boat, but I use my lawn tractor and trailer to do that. I do get some strange looks, however, when I pull into a gas staion with 12, 5 gallon gas cans in the back of my truck. But it works, and saves at least $1.00 a gallon!

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
10-12GPH at cruise, works out to about 2.3ish MPG. Tubing burns much faster.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I follow a bunch of pro wakeboarders and wake surfers on Instagram and many of them have houses with private docks with presumably limited access to fuel. They use a thing called the Drop N Fill.

Shaun Murray showed how he uses the Drop N Fill using 6gal motorcycle race cans.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you for the tips. I appreciate any additional thoughts as they come, including good ideas for products that you have used and work.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Obviously IF you own the lift & slip you have a lot more options and free to do what ever you like so far as refueling the boat. In my situation I own the lift but the slip is part of a marina at the state park. They are VERY strict and observant about people bringing their gas to the boat, no matter what type of container. I have even seen them evict a slip holder in mid season after repeated warning for violating the written slip contract that we all sign at the start of each season. The contract mentions insurance regulations and fire marshall policy ?? I don't rock the boat (pun intended) and try to top off when the boat is about half full. I realize for you guys that do a lot of water sports , that would mean spending a lot of time at the pumps but that is not our style of boating.

Last edited:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well.....that does make things more complicated!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Flipside... My Marina doesn't care. They don't offer premium anyways, so they let people fill their boats on the dock if they want. I usually bring a 5 gallon jug or two and keep mine fairly topped up.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My brother uses a shaker siphon to fill his Tige, 5 Gals at a time.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I picked up one of these. Works good. Pump it in. Pretty quick too. I paid a couple hundred for mine so not sure about this website but a good place to start.

1586640171963.png

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know it’s an old post and I am open to new/better ideas! But I have a wagon, somewhat custom modified, it holds 3 six gallon tanks, 2 five gallon tanks, I have a hand pump that I use to move the gas from the tanks to the boat. It’s a little work and I could move up to an electric pump but I consider it a little therapy for my repaired rotator cuff surgery!

Attachments

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Wait you only pay $4 at the marina?!? It’s 4.15-4.30 in most of Southern California...