• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fulton F2 Strap Replacement

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last Sunday after pulling the boat out of the lake the old winch strap popped. Luckily I always carry a spare just for this situation. I didn't see a write up on here, so I figured I would add some info.

To remove the covers and access the drum, you'll need a T25 Torx bit.

You need to remove the two black covers on each side and the black cover surrounding the strap on the back.
upload_2017-7-18_14-2-24.png
There is a pin that runs through the drum and holds it in place. No tools required to remove. Once the drum is out, you'll need two 1/2" wrenches/sockets to remove the bolt that seats the strap. Below is a link to the replacement strap I have. When you remove the old strap, you'll need the pin from the original.

2" x 20' Replacement winch strap
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F0MHV4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
what was the root cause?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sun + age + wear. It broke just past the stitching for the hook.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do you have a write up for replacing the hand crank? My buddy snapped mine off last night. I am kidding about the write up, but couldn't not post when I saw your thread. Luckily I still have my original winch to reinstall until I can get a new handle.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fulton might send you a new strap under their limited lifetime warranty for this winch. My handle snapped and they agreed to send me a replacement part after I sent them some pictures. See this thread.