• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fusion 700 Series Radio - Shuts off and drains battery

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I installed a Fusion MS-IP700i 3+ years ago in my 212X. I had chosen the deck because the built-in amplifier just gave a little more power over a standard deck without me becoming a floating rock concert -- not that there is anything wrong with that!

I know some are familiar with this deck, and I guess I can only hope someone can help. My factory warranty just expired, which was stupid on my part as the problem has been ongoing but I did not realize the deck had a 3 year warranty. Since I installed the deck there are two problems that seem to be consistent. First is the deck just seems to shut off when it wants. Sometimes it turns back on right to the last track it was playing, other times I have to boot it back up and sometimes it cooperates - sometimes it does not. Secondly, in the three years I have had it installed I have went through 2 AGM batteries that I can only conclude are linked to the same issue. I have a dual battery system and my ignition battery has worked flawlessly and my accessory battery seems to consistently drain.

I know that is not a lot of information to go on, but I don't really want to replace a $500 deck at this point, especially with how little use it has received. My boat is trailered and stored in my garage. Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Thanks,
Brian

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am not familiar with that radio but lots of new units have a small reset button on them that often corrects odd behavior. I had a nakamichi that would get confused every couple months and the reset would fix it. My new pioneer er prs80 has one. Cam.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have u updated the software? I have the i750 and it was a little quarky until I updated the softwear

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I spoke with Fusion yesterday and they advised me the same thing. I updated the software last evening, so I guess time will tell. What kind of quarky did you deck provide you with? I am just beyond the original warranty period, so if they have compassion on me I will need to figure out if there is an actual hardware issue immediately.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The same thing.. it would shut off and reboot and sometimes when I turned the main switch off on the dash it would still play... weird.. it all cleared up after update

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well that is great news to hear. Did you experience any battery drain issues?