• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fusion (Garmin) stereo

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I know I am beating a dead horse here but wife is starting to cave in on the idea of new sounds.. does anybody have any experience or used Fusion (Garmin) marine stereo equipment.. I am thinking of speakers amp, head unit and sub..

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Which speakers are you looking at? Depending on the price point... the JL stuff is only a few bucks more (or less).... and is proven.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Which speakers are you looking at? Depending on the price point... the JL stuff is only a few bucks more (or less).... and is proven.
I’m thinking about picking up the fusion fr6022...

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really like my new head unit, Fusion MS-UD755. I originally got the discontinued 750 on clearance, and Garmin replaced it under warranty.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Wow that’s great service.. I didn’t check but if it has Bluetooth how easy is it to connect. One of the biggest reasons I am getting rid of stock stereo is Bluetooth is impossible to connect to

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Cool cool.. I’ll check the polks out. It just seems the fusions are getting better ratings now

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have an older Fusion head unit, Fusion remote on the swim deck, Fusion Bluetooth connector and four 7" Fusion speakers. Going on the 4th year, no issues, all works and sounds great. I like ability to control 3 zones with the Fusion head units.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are just going to connect with Bluetooth, Exile Audio has a device which does just that. They have great stuff.exmc1.html

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The newer Fusion models reconnect to inboard bluetooth almost instantly (after the simple initial pairing). They also have control connection via smartphone app, watches, NMEA, etc (part of the Garmin software/hardware suite).

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We put a Fusion head unit in our old boat to replace an old stereo - works great and has lots of control over the sound and zones. USB and Bluetooth works great, plus if you don't have a VHF radio it can tune in and monitor, as well as weather channels. Works even better with amps as well.

When we starting shopping around for a new boat, we thought we'd see Fusion units in some models, but I haven't seen the name anywhere except aftermarket...go figure...