• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FUSION HEAD UNIT / REMOTE

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Any issues with a Fusion MS-UD650 coupled with a Fusion MS-NRX300
Wired marine remote and NMEA 2000 repeater ??

I'm looking to start the upgrade process. Likely get a 6 channel amp and 6 JL speakers (6.5 or 7.7) in the near future...
I found what looks like a deal on a new MS-UD650...$325 ???

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I'm looking to start the upgrade process. Likely get a 6 channel amp and 6 JL speakers (6.5 or 7.7) in the near future...
I believe @Bruce has this model. I have a newer version the UD750, but I think the latest is the UD755. Seems like a good price for new old stock.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m looking to buy an older Aquatic AV remote if that’s what you’re replacing. I hope this post isn’t out of line.

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ditched my Aquatic AV stereo and remote (remote was dead) and so glad I did. Day and night with Fusion and a couple remotes using my own nmea 2k network. I went with basic Fusion model and it still is 10x better sound, of course mine was a 2010 model too! :)

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ditched my Aquatic AV stereo and remote (remote was dead) and so glad I did. Day and night with Fusion and a couple remotes using my own nmea 2k network. I went with basic Fusion model and it still is 10x better sound, of course mine was a 2010 model too! :)
I appreciate your reply. Maybe it’s time to take it to the next level. Thanks!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 3 zone control on the fusion I have has been great. The wired remote is very nice as well but they offer a $50 alternative that does the job without wire or display.

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought about the $50 one, but once I had done the one in the back and she saw the screen and full controls that choice was done for the passenger side. :)

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Spring for the RA670 for not much more money. The MSUD650 is a little long in the tooth technology wise. I would also recommend the 7.7 if you can afford. I have the 6.5 and while the are great speakers, the 7.7s would be better. The m600/6 is a great 6 channel amp but slightly under powered for the 7.7s.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Why the RA670 ??
DSP=digital signal processing built into head unit.
3 separate volume control zones.
$200 less than the top of the line 770 which has 4 zones and WiFi connectivity.
choice between $150 to $200 wired remote or $50 wireless remotes.

Last edited:

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
RA670 vs RA70NSX ??

The 70 would save me some money to put towards an amplifier...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t know the differences between the 670 and the 70, so suggest that you compare the two on Crutchfield.com . I think the 770 was the top of the line when I purchased the 670 late last year. The 70 may be a year or so older and may not have DSP.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had a RA55 absolutely garbage they replaced twice under warranty the third time they sent me a 670. It’s been good so far but it’s only been about a year or so.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 670 has quick 3 zone volume control, which is perfect if you want to adjust front, rear, and tower speakers independently. The others noted have either 2 or 4 zone control.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, I think I am now in the same boat as you guys. The Aquatic AV unit my 242 finally will not power up. It happened yesterday, but came back on mid day. Today, no go.

It could be power, but I may have been looking for a reason to replace it. I have all JL speakers (6) and JL subs (2) and 1000w JL amp. So I don’t really need much for power in the head unit, just a good XM tuner and Bluetooth.

So without hijacking this thread much further, what pushed you guys up into the higher end Fusions? Rather than the MS-Ra70 line? In fact, i was going to do the NSX to get the XM capability. I still boat in areas with poor cell service. These are considerably more expensive head units that even some of the Alpine and Kenwood units I have used in the past.

Thanks guys.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, I think I am now in the same boat as you guys. The Aquatic AV unit my 242 finally will not power up. It happened yesterday, but came back on mid day. Today, no go.

It could be power, but I may have been looking for a reason to replace it. I have all JL speakers (6) and JL subs (2) and 1000w JL amp. So I don’t really need much for power in the head unit, just a good XM tuner and Bluetooth.

So without hijacking this thread much further, what pushed you guys up into the higher end Fusions? Rather than the MS-Ra70 line? In fact, i was going to do the NSX to get the XM capability. I still boat in areas with poor cell service. These are considerably more expensive head units that even some of the Alpine and Kenwood units I have used in the past.

Thanks guys.
Does your stern remote work? I’ll but it from you?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I already had you in mind if I replace my head unit. I replaced my swim deck remote a year ago or so. Found a new old stock one on Amazon for dirtball cheap. Get the part number and do some searches. They are out there.

Good luck, as I will see if I buy the Fusion remote for my swim deck or not.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I already had you in mind if I replace my head unit. I replaced my swim deck remote a year ago or so. Found a new old stock one on Amazon for dirtball cheap. Get the part number and do some searches. They are out there.
I’ve been digging deep. Haven’t found one yet. Ha!
Good luck, as I will see if I buy the Fusion remote for my swim deck or not.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Thanks guys.
Nearly Flawless Execuiton. My only complaint if I can call it that about the 670 is that it takes a few seconds to boot up for the first time during a day. It has all the inputs and outputs most people would have ever need. The zone control really works and the app gives you even more tuning control. The wired remote is expensive and worth it. The wireless remotes work well and have the same functionally as the wired unit but it takes button combos to make things like zone control work. The head unit is expensive but after having one for less than a season I wouldn’t buy anything else.