• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fusion RA70NSX Dead After 5 Boating Days!

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On my second-to-last outing, the bluetooth connection to my phone died near the end of the day. Didn't think much of it, figured I'd deal with it the next trip. At the start of my last trip, bluetooth would not work at all. Tried using the auxiliary input but the volume was so low that it was useless. We just listened to FM radio for the whole day. Took the boat home to clean it up and, when I turned on the batteries, got a message from the Connext screen that CAN communication failed. I cycled the power and all Connext would say afterwards was to turn the radio power on. At the Fusion radio, all it would show were the two zone volume meters. None of the buttons, nor the knob, had any impact. Turned the batteries off and pulled the unit - water poured out of the antenna socket! Looking at the mounting hole, it wasn't very tight to the radio chassis and there were extra stripped-out screw holes. Anyone have a similar issue? I'm taking the boat to my local-ish dealer (an hour away) so they can repair under warranty. But this is really annoying!

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow! Nobody else had this issue?

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have 2019 LSE and have not had any issues with that unit. Sounds like a real bummer! Should be an easy swap though. Let us know if the dealer has to do anything more than swap the unit out.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, should be a quick fix. The dealer is terrible at communication, but they have good performance reviews. They called me yesterday morning and left a message to call back. I've tried calling 4 time since then (3 yesterday, 1 today) and can't get in touch with the service writer. And no one else seems to know anything about it. I'm just hoping they are going to say they had the radio in stock and have already replaced it, but since I can't get them on the phone, who knows?!?!

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow! Nobody else had this issue?
I think that's a testament to the Fusion products - they're well made . We have one in our boat after the stock radio died several years ago, and have been happy with its performance and features. You must have had a bad one that allowed water past the faceplate seal and inside as I can't really see water getting in from the ant port behind the mount.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
power connectors broke on my 2019 had the connex message, call fusion or call the dealer to have a replacement b4 you get there, make sure you put dialectric grease on the new unit

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe fusion have very good warranty. Mine was replaced without much back and forth. It has been 3 years now without any issues. It also survived the 2017 Bimini crossing without issues

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dealer called me last week to say that the stereo was working and that they didn't have to do anything, so I drove out. Tested it Saturday with the tech and, although the FM radio worked (along with the rest of the stereo), none of the other sources would function. He's ordering a replacement now. Hoping to have the boat back on the water soon. Should be warm enough this weekend for an outing. And I still need to install my trim tabs....