• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Galvanized Trailer Question-Swing Tongue?

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
The salesman sent the option list over for us to check, and he checked the galvanized tandem axle trailer.... No big deal since it is the same price on the sheet as the non galvanized tandem...

BUT, the “swing tongue” is only listed on the non galvanized trailer...

Does the galvanized trailer have a swing tongue as well?

We will only be in UnSalted water here in Mi, or possibly Canada, so we don’t need the galvanized trailer... Just figured if it does have a swing tongue, why not for the same price.

TY!!!

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Yes, mine does. Although I have never used it. The trailer also has what they call gator coating. Black rubberized coat similar to truck bed coating or Flex Seal. The galvanized trailer was not the same price as the painted. I paid a $600 premium. I boat on salt water so worth the extra cost.

I had to rework my winch post because it was not welded on square at the factory. I used a spray rubberized coating to cover over the modification.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Yes, mine does. Although I have never used it. The trailer also has what they call gator coating. Black rubberized coat similar to truck bed coating or Flex Seal. The galvanized trailer was not the same price as the painted. I paid a $600 premium. I boat on salt water so worth the extra cost.

I had to rework my winch post because it was not welded on square at the factory. I used a spray rubberized coating to cover over the modification.
TY!!!

I forgot to update this thread that I had received a reply (yesterday or Mon, can’t recall) from a Scarab stating the tandem galvanized trailer does have a swing tongue....

Regarding the price, on the ‘19 order sheet that lists all the available options, the standard painted tandem trailer and the galvanized tandem are the same price. Honestly, I was a little surprised at that.... I don’t recall what the single axle galvanized trailer was bs the included single axle standard painted trailer.

But we figured that even though we are in UnSalted Water here in Michigan, for the same price may as well get the galvanized tandem....

TY again!!!