• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garage Height Help

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Hey everyone, so a while back I had mentioned that I moved from Orlando to Charleston. When I did, I left the boat in Orlando at the dealer for them to do the service and a few other things they owed me. Well... I’m going to get it this weekend and I’m really stressing about fitting it into the garage here in Charleston. Width is fine, depth is fine... it’s the damm height I’m worried about.

The opening before the lip is 82”. So after reading as much as I could on this awesome forums prior to posting this, I’m in need of your advice.

My question is as follows: if I back it in, tires in the garage, if I lower the tongue down can I get it in? Yamaha website states 83.5 on the trailer. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and sorry I know this has been talked about but mostly in my search what I found was about the larger boats with the towers. By the way my SX is a 2019.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2018 SX195 fit without a problem in my garage. The opening is 83" and about 82.25" to the weatherstrip. Backed in attached to vehicle and cleared with inches to spare. No special acrobatics required.

Not sure if the '19 is taller, but hope this helps.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are a couple of quick fixes. Easiest is to try lowering the trailer tongue as low as possible. You may try lowering it onto a dolley to roll it in the garage. If that doesn't help try reducing the tire pressure on both tires. That should be good for an Inch and a half to two inches.

For the long term I would look at raising the door header. there is usually some play there.

Surfer50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone, so a while back I had mentioned that I moved from Orlando to Charleston. When I did, I left the boat in Orlando at the dealer for them to do the service and a few other things they owed me. Well... I’m going to get it this weekend and I’m really stressing about fitting it into the garage here in Charleston. Width is fine, depth is fine... it’s the damm height I’m worried about.

The opening before the lip is 82”. So after reading as much as I could on this awesome forums prior to posting this, I’m in need of your advice.

My question is as follows: if I back it in, tires in the garage, if I lower the tongue down can I get it in? Yamaha website states 83.5 on the trailer. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and sorry I know this has been talked about but mostly in my search what I found was about the larger boats with the towers. By the way my SX is a 2019.

Are you sure the height you saw was for the SX? I saw a mention of 83.5 but is was for the AR with the tower folded. I am in much the same situation as you - 83" height and want a 2019 SX 190.......looks like there are some solutions - dolly, let some air out - etc. but I would like to know the measurement too - can't adjust the header - the garage is rented not owned. There are more than one person with a new SX190 here, hopefully they will answer.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looked in the brochure for my '18 and it states 7`1" on trailer. So..85". They must have overstated the height, because it fit with no problem. Like I said, inches to spare.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yamaha specs aren't accurate.

It will fit in an 82" garage probably even 81". I was able to fit my AR192 tower inside the cockpit basically making it the same height as an SX. Worst case just use a drop hitch and it will for sure go. Check the 19' section for other methods people have used getting theirs in a standard 7' garage door opening. Info is there,

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On Yamahas website, it does list 83.5" for both the 2019 SX190 and SX195 on trailer.

Last edited:

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I got my 2019 AR195 into my 84" wood height garage door. I had to remove the bimini setup and drop my adjustable hitch down to the bottom rung. It barely fit. Two of the four mounts were the problem. The tower itself was fine. The windshield cleared with absolutely no problem. So with an SX and no tower, you should be absolutely fine.

Surfer50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got my 2019 AR195 into my 84" wood height garage door. I had to remove the bimini setup and drop my adjustable hitch down to the bottom rung. It barely fit. Two of the four mounts were the problem. The tower itself was fine. The windshield cleared with absolutely no problem. So with an SX and no tower, you should be absolutely fine.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you sure the height you saw was for the SX? I saw a mention of 83.5 but is was for the AR with the tower folded. I am in much the same situation as you - 83" height and want a 2019 SX 190.......looks like there are some solutions - dolly, let some air out - etc. but I would like to know the measurement too - can't adjust the header - the garage is rented not owned. There are more than one person with a new SX190 here, hopefully they will answer.
It will fit. See my post above.

Surfer50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you Steve

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
That is what Yamaha posts as the height on their website for the SX190

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Yamaha specs aren't accurate.

It will fit in an 82" garage probably even 81". I was able to fit my AR192 tower inside the cockpit basically making it the same height as an SX. Worst case just use a drop hitch and it will for sure go. Check the 19' section for other methods people have used getting theirs in a standard 7' garage door opening. Info is there,

Thanks @haknslash, I appreciate the info.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Huge thanks to @Gym, @Wishfull1, @Surfer50 and especially @haknslash!!! Just got in from Orlando with the boat and she FITS!!! All I had to do was lower the tongue down as low as it would go and remove the windshield bumper and in it went. Thanks everyone!!! Don’t mind the messy garage... still haven’t gotten to that after the move. Next weekends project.
E179D809-C827-4A83-9E34-025FFF98969E.jpeg

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just an observation @Patsfan67. It looks like the lowest part of your garage entryway is the garage door back by the opener motor. If that's the case you may be able to raise the door by an inch or so if its hung from perferated angle iron. The door tracks may have a similar adjustment. That may resolve having to remove the windshield bumper. Otherwise nice fit. And...your garage is neater than mine.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Just an observation @Patsfan67. It looks like the lowest part of your garage entryway is the garage door back by the opener motor. If that's the case you may be able to raise the door by an inch or so if its hung from perferated angle iron. The door tracks may have a similar adjustment. That may resolve having to remove the windshield bumper. Otherwise nice fit. And...your garage is neater than mine.
Thanks @Gym I’ll take a look at it today as today is clean the garage day... :D

YamaPissed

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Height restrictions have been a tough one to solve. In some cases lowering the tongue can help but sometimes you need to lower it ALL the way down. I have been working on a solution for awhile that allows you to drop the tongue as far as practical but still allows you to use your vehicle to maneuver the trailer. I'd love to hear your thoughts. www.tuck-hitch.com