• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garage Remodel to Fit the Boat

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have an older home, built in the 60's and it had a tiny one car garage (that a tow vehicle wouldn't fit in) with a small attached shop and a small attached storage unit and a carport.

Well last fall we started tearing it down to replace it with a two bay garage one being 12'x34' and the other 18'x24'.

We got it framed in and the roof sheeted before we had a permit issue with the city back in November. We had advertised it as a remodel, but we didn't keep enough of the original structure. So, the city wanted engineered drawings. Those issues were resolved this spring and we are now in the completion phase - meaning we are shingling the roof, getting ready to install the man and garage doors, windows and siding.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Old Structure:
20171009_122425.jpg

Tear Down:
20171020_120341.jpg
New Structure:
25792.jpeg

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2018 build home but Adolf Hitler ( who runs our HOA) wont let me raise the garage door by 12 inches.....

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is why I refused to look at homes that were part of an HOA. You give people a little bit of power and it goes straight to their head.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We built our house in 2015 and was sure to have an 8’ high door and we extended the garage by 4’ to accommodate the boat. We’re in an HOA and I love it because none of my neighbors have their project cars, RVs, or boats sitting on blocks in the driveway. Now, if I could just get my neighbor to pull the damn 3’ tall weeds (literally) out of his flower beds.....