• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin 8612xsv - 210 FSH

GMAlley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Flush mount of the Garmin 8612xsv in the Yamaha 210 FSH Sport console fits nicely. Coupled Garmin GMT Fantom 18 radar dome mounted on 5” Seaview mount with integral mooring light, Icom MA-500TR Class B transponder, Garmin VHF radio with DSC calling, Garmin through hull transducer with CHIRP sonar, Electric trumpet horn, LED driving lights. (Mounted on a CycleSprings Hardtop purchased through JetBoatPilot). Once all the danged COVID-19 virus is past, I’m intending to trailer her to Key West and make a run out for some campi g and fishing at Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas.

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Effing sweet setup. I can’t bring myself to drop the $$$ on a hardtop, but yours looks amazing. Kudos.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks great! I was planning on that trip in the summer when it is calm and No wind. I think extra fuel will be needed. I found this answer. Was going to put under or behind leaning post. Would work for Bimini also.08E46057-1F75-4B24-9BF6-A83A4B1C7E80.png

GMAlley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks great! I was planning on that trip in the summer when it is calm and No wind. I think extra fuel will be needed. I found this answer. Was going to put under or behind leaning post. Would work for Bimini also.

GMAlley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like the looks of your suggestion (big plastic tank from West Marine). I’ve been looking into a fuel bladder to put under the forward deck. I’m calculating an additional 70 gallons will be needed so fishing and touring is possible once we get there. Less than that abt it would just be a to-from only trip.

Attachments

GMAlley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks great! I was planning on that trip in the summer when it is calm and No wind. I think extra fuel will be needed. I found this answer. Was going to put under or behind leaning post. Would work for Bimini also.View attachment 114552
Looks great! I was planning on that trip in the summer when it is calm and No wind. I think extra fuel will be needed. I found this answer. Was going to put under or behind leaning post. Would work for Bimini also.View attachment 114552
Still figuring out this site. I replied to someone else’s post attempting to respond to yours. 🤷‍♂️

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you find one that’s gonna work let me know I often thought that would be a better option. Putting weed upfront we do lose a little speed I did notice that probably more wetted surface on the hull.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
50 gal gas
140 miles round trip
2.5 miles per gal.
more gas is better I would love 50 gal under the front hatch.
I had thought of a 55 gallon drum on deck.

GMAlley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Weight not weed
50 gal gas
140 miles round trip
2.5 miles per gal.
more gas is better I would love 50 gal under the front hatch.
I had thought of a 55 gallon drum on deck.
They will custom manufacture a bladder to your dimensions (actual shape of the storage space) so long as your dimensions are within their established fluid stability standard. Obviously it’s expensive, but, I’m thinking the available free space on deck might be a good trade off.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
6.6 lbs a gallon
I would definitely put weight in there and try it first before I dropped 800 bucks or something on it

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not just for bow rise, helps these lake boats handle chop better. Keeps it planted, feels like a larger boat if that makes sense.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Smooths it out for long trips, don’t need it but... your boat is almost complete lol. You can take off in shallower water for flats fishing.412C0307-686E-450F-A9E1-BAAE287F2653.jpeg

GMAlley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
what mirror is that?
PTM Edge, Model “VX-140 CC”
Smooths it out for long trips, don’t need it but... your boat is almost complete lol. You can take off in shallower water for flats fishing.View attachment 114770
Don’t know if you had an issue with “tower wobble” with all the added weight going through a cross-chop. I added a 1-½” diameter 316 SS tube cross member and above that 3/16” stainless cable cross racing using swageless jaw turnbuckles. Fixed the problem.

Attachments