• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin Auto Guidance

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am looking at a Garmin 43 dv chartplotter/fish finder with the LakeVU HD and the Auto Guidance. Has anybody used this....was wondering how well the Auto Guidance feature works.

Thanks

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a Garmin with the Lake VU HD, but not the auto guidance. The Lake VU maps are very good. I have only had one occurrence where they did not have a HD map of the lake I was on. Hopefully someone else can chime in on the auto feature.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The auto guidance feature is nice and works well. That unit will not come with that feature out of the box you will have to buy the Lake Vu HD Ultra charts or the G2 Vision card to access that feature. Which is another $200 add on.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The auto guidance feature is nice and works well. That unit will not come with that feature out of the box you will have to buy the Lake Vu HD Ultra charts or the G2 Vision card to access that feature. Which is another $200 add on.
That is what I thought....but the web page and when I called cust service, they both assured me that now the auto guidance is included with the lakevu hd pre installed software. So now I am not sure :)

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Garmin Auto guidance is like google maps.

Nice reference but if you turn your brain off, it will drive you off a cliff-

Used it up and down the East Coast including NY harbor and up through Hell's Gate.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is what I thought....but the web page and when I called cust service, they both assured me that now the auto guidance is included with the lakevu hd pre installed software. So now I am not sure :)
If that is the case that is an awesome deal! It used to be an upgrade with the upgraded maps. If you pull the trigger and that is the case please let us know as I may buy one as well I have been using an older model Garmin that is not compatible with the auto guidance chart upgrades and had been holding off as I was having a hard time swallowing the $200 pill to upgrade a new GPS to auto guidance.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If that is the case that is an awesome deal! It used to be an upgrade with the upgraded maps. If you pull the trigger and that is the case please let us know as I may buy one as well I have been using an older model Garmin that is not compatible with the auto guidance chart upgrades and had been holding off as I was having a hard time swallowing the $200 pill to upgrade a new GPS to auto guidance.
I sent an email to Garmin to clarify. ..that being said I am still probably going to get one. the 43 DV is discontinued but the only difference with the newer model is the new one has side view sonar . Since I only care about the GPS part and it comes preloaded with the LakeVu HD, at $249 thru West Marine, it is a good deal.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sent an email to Garmin to clarify. ..that being said I am still probably going to get one. the 43 DV is discontinued but the only difference with the newer model is the new one has side view sonar . Since I only care about the GPS part and it comes preloaded with the LakeVu HD, at $249 thru West Marine, it is a good deal.
I agree they actually just sent me an email they have thrown the 44DV and 45 DVon sale with the coastal maps for $199 for today only I may have to pull the trigger at that price.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree they actually just sent me an email they have thrown the 44DV and 45 DVon sale with the coastal maps for $199 for today only I may have to pull the trigger at that price.
Garmin Tech confirmed today that the reps at both the Factory Store and West Marine are incorrect. The AutoGuidance is only available if you upgrade to the LakeVu HD Ultra ($200), so I will pass on that one :) Just FYI