• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin Echomap install on FSH 190

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hey there jetboaters. I am going to install a Garmin Echomap 53dv chartplotter and transducer on my '17 FSH this week. I intend to take some pics and go through the motions to pass on what I learn. For anyone who has learned anything themselves doing this, any advice or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe out there!

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Grover70 if you are doing a flush mount, check out this post
https://jetboaters.net/threads/installing-a-lowarence-elite-5-on-a-fsh.7785/page-3#post-205970

As for tips:
  • If flush mounting, Buy a bigger screen (i upgraded from a 5" to a 7" within a month)
  • Do not use 5200 to seal the chartploter to boat, in case you have to remove or replace, it is very hard to remove. instead use a 4200
  • Measure, measure and measure again before drilling a whole
I appreciate the information. Thank you sir!