• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

garmin g2

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone educate me please. I was looking at the garmin g2 sd card upgrade with the auto guidance. The garmin web site has them pried at $449. Ebay has them for the mid $300's. But some are under 100 bucks. They have to be cheap knock off right? And can you buy a used card and it work in your plotter?

VUS007R is the card for the coastal area between norfolk and charleston... garmin has it at 350... you can buy it on ebay for under 100. there has got to be something i am missing. IS it hacked maps? Authorized copies?

@bronze_10 it could be pirated or a “duplicate back-up” from the sellers authorized copy. Garmin is getting smarter with its OS upgrades ... a future Garmin device upgrade might leave you with a SD-based map that won’t work with the Garmin unit you legally purchased.

There is a guy that is selling every map for 97.77 bucks. But he is in Canada.. All the cheap ones seem to come from out of the country

Depending on your device and what GPSMAP software your running. The backup you get for cheap on ebay or amazon may not work. On my 7610xsv The cheap map were working great till I upgraded GPSMAP software to version 10.00.

You have to upgrade manually right. So if I don't have 10 I may be ok.. I'm not sure what version I have. I bought it in the fall of 16.

Yes you have to update manually. Update came out around dec 2017 ish. So you should be good if you don’t update.

Back