• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin GPSMAP 1042xsv in our 210 FSH

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have no experience with that unit but have to say, that looks great, fills the space perfectly!

Ehren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Looks great. I'm using a Simrad on my 190.
Do you happen to have any pics of how you mounted your transducer?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very nice.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Transducer is mounted to the inside end of the port ride plate. Haven’t had a chance to water test it yet, but I am concerned that the keel is going to block part of the sidescan sonar. Paid the dealer to install it and they picked the spot. If it doesn’t work there I may be making a return trip to have it remounted.
E0E73F86-C07D-4618-BDC8-785EBE3E0FA4.png

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It will (block the sidescan). I have the 3D structure scan not mounted anywhere near the keel and there is still interference.

Its absurd but the only way to get clear sidescan (Simrad & Lowrance units) is to have 2 seperate thru hull transducers for each side port & starboard. And to add to it, the technology isn't that great in real life application. Looks amazing in demo mode in the store...other than that, junk in my opinion.

https://lr.factoryoutletstore.com/details/163913/lowrance-000-11460-001.html?category_id=20826&catalogitemid=144820

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went with a GO9 on my 210 but wow that looks good. Waiting on dealer now to install accessories and i'm still deciding where to mount transducer. Hope to have boat by friday.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It will (block the sidescan). I have the 3D structure scan not mounted anywhere near the keel and there is still interference.

Its absurd but the only way to get clear sidescan (Simrad & Lowrance units) is to have 2 seperate thru hull transducers for each side port & starboard. And to add to it, the technology isn't that great in real life application. Looks amazing in demo mode in the store...other than that, junk in my opinion.

https://lr.factoryoutletstore.com/details/163913/lowrance-000-11460-001.html?category_id=20826&catalogitemid=144820
Yeah I’m pretty sure I’m going to have some signal blocked with the location they chose... next step would be moving it a little more off center and adding a spacer to drop it down about an inch. If all else fails I can have another transducer added to the other side but would rather not.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I went with a GO9 on my 210 but wow that looks good. Waiting on dealer now to install accessories and i'm still deciding where to mount transducer. Hope to have boat by friday.
I considered the GO9 but I got a great deal on this 10” Garmin unit and it’s about as large as you can go in the space available.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Another option is to go with the AirMar P19 and mount it on the other side of the keel from the speedo. You would lose the pretty downscan though. Mine is there and it works great at any speed.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The speedo is on my port side I was worried about bubbles I was going to mount it in the same spot on the starboard please let me know how it works there. Looks great in the helm station!

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unless you have a different 210 FSH Sport than I do, the speedo is starboard. It works very well on the opposite side from the speedo.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I stand corrected. Do you have nuts inside on the bolts holding the hull plate on?9FA3B347-AD61-4F86-AD3D-5B39D1BAF5FF.jpeg

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On that plane opposite of the speedo. I have an in hull transducer like this.

cf-lg.jpg

Scott Newby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yes sir, that's the exact same unit I have on mine, only I mounted it on the bow on a RAM mount, with the transducer and Panoptix on the trolling motor.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 2 transom mounted transducers for my sidescan.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The 1042xsv (non-touch) is 12.5” x 7.3” and the 1242 touch is 13” x 8.9” - it may fit but you’ll need to measure and cut carefully because you won’t have much wiggle room. I think the height will be the bigger problem - width should be ok.

Ray keown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks .It looks like it will fit, but yeah its gonna be close. The 7612 is the same size i believe .and you can replace your engine gauges with it