• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin Livescope Mounting Options

OntheWater77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am working on installing a livescope setup on the bow of my Yamaha FSH 210.
Has anyone done this setup yet?
My biggest question is where is everyone mounting the GLS10 "black box"? I am thinking of going high in the anchor locker. Anyone have any other more secure & dryer options??

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How long of a network cable can you get? could you bring it all the way back of the center console? If not and it has to go in the front of the boat, i think high up on the outer wall of the anchor locker should work. If you pop one of you forward speakers out, you will have better access to that area. of course i would beef up your hardware, that box may take a pounding mounted in the bow.

OntheWater77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your extension idea is a good one. Looks like Garmin approves using up to 2 x 10' extensions. Im thinking run and. Rubber grommet high in the anchor locker and put the back box in the center console with most of the other electronics.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have my black box mounted in the head, I use one extension on the transducer so that it reaches the motor where I have the LVS mounted.

cam@LKN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Working on my install today and encountered an issue with the Garmin grommet being too small (by a hair) for the LVS transducer cord to go through. Anyone have luck finding a grommet they are happy with? TIA

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is it a through hull grommet that protects the wiring in a hole drilled in the fiberglass? If so, ive cut those with a pair of dikes at a 45^ before and ran it through. Got a pic?

cam@LKN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is it a through hull grommet that protects the wiring in a hole drilled in the fiberglass? If so, ive cut those with a pair of dikes at a 45^ before and ran it through. Got a pic?
The issue I’m having is the locking collar on the end of the transducer that plugs into the GLS 10 black box is the same diameter as the Garmin grommet. The smaller diameter cable itself would easily pull through.

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have my black box mounted in the head, I use one extension on the transducer so that it reaches the motor where I have the LVS mounted.
i’m wanting to add livescope to my 210 fsh. i’m a little hesitant to mounting the transducer to the trolling motor since it will make using it with spot lock not good, plus the fact that my garmin force TM even with the 57” shaft is on the shallow side so my transducer may not be ideal depth. However a pole mount on this boat seems silly, unless i can mount the transducer to a pole that i can easily move from the rod holders next to the helm where i’m always at. i’d love to see/hear about your setup and how well it’s working for you.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i’m wanting to add livescope to my 210 fsh. i’m a little hesitant to mounting the transducer to the trolling motor since it will make using it with spot lock not good, plus the fact that my garmin force TM even with the 57” shaft is on the shallow side so my transducer may not be ideal depth. However a pole mount on this boat seems silly, unless i can mount the transducer to a pole that i can easily move from the rod holders next to the helm where i’m always at. i’d love to see/hear about your setup and how well it’s working for you.
Yeah I've still got mine mounted to the trolling motor, also 57" Garmin Force. It works, and it gets in the water deep enough most of the time to get the job done.

You are certainly right though, if you are using spot lock then it's all but worthless.

A suction cup pole mount would be more ideal. I believe 210 FSH Sport did something like that, but I can't find the post right now. That's probably the route I'd go if I was to change anything, the transducer is meant to face forward and I'd be worried about it in the transom area getting interference from all the air.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I've still got mine mounted to the trolling motor, also 57" Garmin Force. It works, and it gets in the water deep enough most of the time to get the job done.

You are certainly right though, if you are using spot lock then it's all but worthless.

A suction cup pole mount would be more ideal. I believe 210 FSH Sport did something like that, but I can't find the post right now. That's probably the route I'd go if I was to change anything, the transducer is meant to face forward and I'd be worried about it in the transom area getting interference from all the air.
Here’s the thread yiu we’re thinking about…

I can see I need to update that thread this season. We made some changes to the clamps that attach to the sea suckers that hold the tube as well as pinning the clamp that holds the dagger board onto the tube. This set up takes about 30 seconds to install and 5 seconds to remove.

07F46118-46C1-4B94-B42F-AC4DD53BE721.jpeg

061F0190-A2A3-4895-A4FB-03A8B22CA4D7.jpeg

Sea Sucker has various mounts to choose from, they are very strong and easy to use, they also sell replacement parts.

Last edited:

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I found an expensive solution, that would probably work really well. Sniper Marine

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I plan on using my Livescope this summer using my Summit Fishing pole from the winter. They make a nice coupler with 1.5" Ram balls and arms. So i can put a 1.5" Ram ball in my boats, or end of dock etc, and mount my summit pole from the winter.

I like the idea of being able to move it from bow to stern, or my buddies boat, or the end of my dock. Anywhere I decide to put a Ram ball. Ram does make a rail clamp with 1.5" ball on it. So that would give me the option of mounting to a rail as well.

I doubt I will use it in my Yamaha, as it's just not a great walleye fishing boat. But I will be able to move it around, as I will keep my Head Unit in my home made shuttle that keeps my UHD 93SV and GLS10 along with lithium battery altogether and portable.

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I found an expensive solution, that would probably work really well. Sniper Marine
Yeah I ran across this last night. I don't understand why it's so costly, seems like a pole that you still have to manually turn. My issue is I'd like it to be trolling motor mounted, just for ease and cabling routing. I'd have to customize my cover to allow for the transducer, which is a bummer since I just had the stock cover modified to accommodate the trolling motor. And not happy about spot lock which I like to use a lot. For pole mount, I'd want to be able to move the mount either to port side or starboard side easily, with the pole being next to the helm which is where I'm typically at. Then I'd have a wire running who knows where, something my kids/dog/me would surely be tripping over. A cable that is not cheap to repair at 1200 for the transducer. If this was my old bass boat where I spent all my time up front on deck, it would be easier. But now on my 210, I'm rarely up there other than dropping/picking up my trolling motor.

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I plan on using my Livescope this summer using my Summit Fishing pole from the winter. They make a nice coupler with 1.5" Ram balls and arms. So i can put a 1.5" Ram ball in my boats, or end of dock etc, and mount my summit pole from the winter.

I like the idea of being able to move it from bow to stern, or my buddies boat, or the end of my dock. Anywhere I decide to put a Ram ball. Ram does make a rail clamp with 1.5" ball on it. So that would give me the option of mounting to a rail as well.

I doubt I will use it in my Yamaha, as it's just not a great walleye fishing boat. But I will be able to move it around, as I will keep my Head Unit in my home made shuttle that keeps my UHD 93SV and GLS10 along with lithium battery altogether and portable.
This may be a good option, thank you. I still can't 'picture' how this works or all the parts that would be needed. Alot of my confusion is on the cabling of the transducer to the module. I haven't bought livescope yet, don't know what the connections are like. If I do a pole mount, I want the transducer/pole to be able to be stowed when not in use. When in use, I need to make sure the cabling is not interfering too much for all the traffic that happens inside the boat with kids/dog always circling around.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This may be a good option, thank you. I still can't 'picture' how this works or all the parts that would be needed. Alot of my confusion is on the cabling of the transducer to the module. I haven't bought livescope yet, don't know what the connections are like. If I do a pole mount, I want the transducer/pole to be able to be stowed when not in use. When in use, I need to make sure the cabling is not interfering too much for all the traffic that happens inside the boat with kids/dog always circling around.
The cable between the LVS and the GLS is quite long. Plenty to coil up or run to your GLS. The specs may be on the Garmin site. For those of us ice fishing, the common question was if there were a way to shorten it, as we have to pack it with us in the shuttle. But it is permanent, so no way to change/shorten it.

if putting in one part of your boat, any additional cable may be coiled up under deck or near the GLS. Since my GLS is mounted in my shuttle, it will stay there. I just uncoil what I need at the time.

The pole I have is extendable from 24-60" like a microphone stand. The RAM ball allows for quick deployment, or removal to pack away. I hope it will be stiff enough to handle light trolling when searching for walleyes. I have yet to mount it, as I am in the middle of a fishing boat restoration project as we speak. But the 1.5" ram ball/arm combination is known for being robust.

I hope to have it setup soon, as I am done with my new floor and carpeting and am now moving on to hardware and electronics. Like so many others though, I want it to be independent from my trolling motor, as it may be pointed in a different direction than the motor more often than not. Heck, I have seen plenty take an old trolling motor to use for the LVS and just removed the motor and used just the pole and mount for electronic rotation!

I will post up pics once I get my install done. we still have 3ft of ice, so no hurry yet. We are chasing crappies.

1680031539524.png

cam@LKN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was looking for a clean elegant solution on the cables too. I’m running a Garmin force on the port side and installed a summit fishing pole on the starboard side with a ram ball. I ended up enlarging the hole that seats the starboard cup holder just slightly so the LVS34 fits through it. I made a wood template to steady the hole saw. The GLS 10 is in the front of my head port side and the transducer cable is long enough to run along the port side, into the anchor locker and down and out the cup holder on starboard side (the cable is really long). When I’m not using the LVS34 I stow it down under the cup holder out of sight. The summit pole fits under the seat.

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey all, been doing some research and have some other questions. So my plan is to get a 9" 30 degree gimbal mount and attach a RAM swivel mount ontop, which I'll connect to a Summit 32-80" pole. I'll be able to put it in one of the rod holders next to the helm when in use, and hoping the pole is deep enough to scan under the boat giving me 360 degree viewing. I have questions on power consumption, as I hear LS uses a lot. I have 2-12V 50ah lithium batteries wired to 24V for my Garmin Force TM. Nothing else is on that circuit, and it's way enough power for the TM and then some. On my house battery, I am running all stock with the exception of adding my Garmin 943. I'm really hoping I can add Live scope to my OEM house battery. I really don't want to add an additional battery just for live scope if I can help it. Right now I don't have access to my boat so I don't exactly remember what my house battery is for Ah rating. I can't imagine live scope draining the house battery in a day but maybe I'm way off base here.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Should be no problem. I have my Garmin 8610, and the full livescope on my 100AH house battery and it runs all day, usually with the wife playing the stereo (stock currently) and that is on a crappy lead acid battery that I'm replacing with a 100AH LiFePo4 this spring just for peace of mind/weight loss.

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was looking for a clean elegant solution on the cables too. I’m running a Garmin force on the port side and installed a summit fishing pole on the starboard side with a ram ball. I ended up enlarging the hole that seats the starboard cup holder just slightly so the LVS34 fits through it. I made a wood template to steady the hole saw. The GLS 10 is in the front of my head port side and the transducer cable is long enough to run along the port side, into the anchor locker and down and out the cup holder on starboard side (the cable is really long). When I’m not using the LVS34 I stow it down under the cup holder out of sight. The summit pole fits under the seat.
i’d love to see some pics of that. Sounds creative.

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Should be no problem. I have my Garmin 8610, and the full livescope on my 100AH house battery and it runs all day, usually with the wife playing the stereo (stock currently) and that is on a crappy lead acid battery that I'm replacing with a 100AH LiFePo4 this spring just for peace of mind/weight loss.
thx. i do want to replace both house and starting batteries with lithium just for the weight. Boat still lists a lot unless i have livewell full. Batteries would help a lot i think.