• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gas Tank Not Filling AR250

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No issues last year filling the tank. Tried at gas station on trailer and every 3 seconds it would pop and fill up the tube. Nothing coming back out of the vent though. I pulled the vent and checked - does not appear clogged. I blew air and cleaned the vent good. Got like 10 gallons in super slow. Drove it and tried to fill again on the water at gas docks. Same thing.

i searched and can’t find anything on a newer model boat with this. Any ideas? Where else to check? Took 20 minutes to get 12 gallons in it. Boat ran great otherwise. Thanks!

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you tried another pump or gas station?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No issues last year filling the tank. Tried at gas station on trailer and every 3 seconds it would pop and fill up the tube. Nothing coming back out of the vent though. I pulled the vent and checked - does not appear clogged. I blew air and cleaned the vent good. Got like 10 gallons in super slow. Drove it and tried to fill again on the water at gas docks. Same thing.

i searched and can’t find anything on a newer model boat with this. Any ideas? Where else to check? Took 20 minutes to get 12 gallons in it. Boat ran great otherwise. Thanks!
It sounds as if the in line check valve in the fuel fill line is stuck. From what I’ve read that check valve is installed in the line right at the fuel tank.

Some folks just removed it and called it good. Others found the check valve sideways in the line, corrected the orientation and re installed and that fixed the issue.

Hope that helps !

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok thanks! Going to pull the panel in the head and see if anything is stuck or kinked. I remembered I had some warranty work done end of season and they removed that panel… wondering if something got pinched on the put back together. Will see about that check valve as well.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok thanks! Going to pull the panel in the head and see if anything is stuck or kinked. I remembered I had some warranty work done end of season and they removed that panel… wondering if something got pinched on the put back together. Will see about that check valve as well.
Any progress?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You'll need to pull the fill hose where it meets the tank...

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled the panel and nothing is kinked…. There is a long metal Delphi check valve it looks like in the vent hose… I was not able to get far enough down to see the tank.

what is the best way to get to that hose by the tank? Any tips on access point? Of course the boat is just out of warranty… opted against it so hopefully this is an easy fix. Everything else is running great on it.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Remove the fuel tank floor hatch (4 bolts). That area should be inspected annually anyway.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Remove the fuel tank floor hatch (4 bolts). That area should be inspected annually anyway.
Never pulled the floor hatch... I will be headed up to do this on the boat tomorrow. Do I need any special tool/bit for the bolts? Do I need any replacement gaskets or anything to reset the floor hatch? Thanks!

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pulling up the floor hatch to get at the tank is a simple although awkward move depending on the seat arrangement. The seats on my 19 are just barely in the way so I remove the pilot side and it makes it so much easier. There should be a soft ring of sponge sealant around the gas tank hold that should not need replacement.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it’s actually a size 4 hex head bolt now they use. Floor came up easy and I pulled the hose and the valve. Came out easy enough… thought that would be an easy fix. Nope. Took her back to the gas dock and still not filing up.

stumped. Vent is clear at the inlet - screen is clean. I pulled the head panel and all I see is a big filter thing (carbon filter maybe?)… I don’t see anything else that could be the issue. Clearly it is not venting properly.

anyone ever run a Borescope down the vent line? I may buy one… I feel like this should be an easy fix!!! 😤

any other thoughts appreciated.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your charcoal canister could be full of water or fuel. Remove it and check it out.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So problem solved!!! Carbon Canister was completely blocked. Removed it and used a rubber mallet to break up the sludge and then air compressor blew it out…. Look at what came out… it was like black clay. (Pics attached) Mixture of water and fuel - not sure how it did it but over winter it must have gotten logged.

cleaned it out…put it back together and took her to the gas docks and filled up 35 gallons like a champ as fast as it would pump.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s awesome you finally found the problem!

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! Still amazed at what came out of that carbon filter. Saved me a trip to the dealership… i am very thankful.