• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gas use? Gas light on.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anybody know if the fuel pump for these motors are in the center of the tank or the rear. So if my light come on am I best to low rpm back to the marina at .5-.7 gph. Or is the fuel pump in the back of the tank? Meaning I would want the bow up a bit to get all gas in the back of the tank using more like 3-5 gph. Or am I overthinking this? I am a ca lake guy so conditions are never to bad. Depending how many surf boats are throwing up 8ft. waves. Anyways any thoughts

Last edited:

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pumps are in the back of the tank dead center. Being on plane and operating at ~6000 rpm should give you best speed for GPH. It would all depend on how far you have to go to get back to the dock. If operating at displacement speeds you might end up burning more fuel.

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 10.34.52 AM.png

With my 190, I don't mess around too far from a fuel dock at ~1/4 tank, idk why but the fuel level feels like it drops faster below 1/3 a tank. Once the fuel light is on you better be close to the dock, on my 190 when the fuel light is on I am into the reserve, once the fuel level reads empty you are empty and the engine will die shortly after (found that out the hard way...)

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pumps are in the back of the tank dead center. Being on plane and operating at ~6000 rpm should give you best speed for GPH. It would all depend on how far you have to go to get back to the dock. If operating at displacement speeds you might end up burning more fuel.

View attachment 114884

With my 190, I don't mess around too far from a fuel dock at ~1/4 tank, idk why but the fuel level feels like it drops faster below 1/3 a tank. Once the fuel light is on you better be close to the dock, on my 190 when the fuel light is on I am into the reserve, once the fuel level reads empty you are empty and the engine will die shortly after (found that out the hard way...)
I know what you mean I haven’t run out of gas yet but that last quarter tank disappears real quick probably the amount of Room it has to move around in the tank.we were out surfing behind the boat and next thing I knew the gas light was on. I was about 2 miles from the closest Marina. Got me a little nervous because I didn’t have any experience with running the tank on E. I don’t think I will be running it that low again. Thanks for the charts

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm not sure about the tanks on the 190 models, but on the 24ft models we have about a 7gal or so reserve. I ran my 242 down to 2% left one weekend but when I filled it up it only took 42 gallons.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am in salt water sounds and creeks that can become very rough with a little extra wind during the peak flow of the 8 foot tide change; and therefore, I always fill up at 1/4 full. In my FSH 190, 1/4 full always equals approximately 12 gallons left. If I reviewed my fuel slips for the last year, they would all between 19 and 21 gallons. Of course, it does make determining the amount to add of Stabil 360 very easy.