• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gasoline availability 95 south from N Carolina to Daytona

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
....as well as road condition of the major arteries, especially I-95. My daughter's college is re-opening Wed or Thur - who cares, if she waits until the weekend, correct? However, her coach wants team team back on campus for practice Wed. If travel will be safe, and gas available, we are going to permit her to drive all the way, with her 4 companions who she drove up here (to Maryland) with last week prior to Irma.

I'm here because I know I will receive real time information. She's driving a Civic Hybrid (yea, tight squeeze with 5 of them in there!) which gets about 40 plus MPG on my conservative estimate - actually might get 50 but I'm not playing with an overly generous MPG estimate. I am thinking through Virginia gas should be no issue, but what info can anyone who toughed it out along 95 provide, as far as gasoline supplies and road conditions thru NC, SC, Ga to Daytona?

THANKS!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live just east of Raleigh NC, about 20 min from 95. I work just north of Raleigh. There is no gas shortage around here that i have seen. Some of the stations may not have the high octane stuff but that's it. Now with the evacuation 95 may be a little more drained but it is not a regional issue.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to know on the fuel. I'm headed down Friday after work to fix some damage at our place in DBS.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw a national news report about the GasBuddy app telling you if they have gas and\or power. I never knew that and I use that app all the time. She shouldn't need much gas for her hybrid. Tell her to not let her tank get below a quarter full and she should be fine. I would think the main roads like interstates should have top priority for repairs if they are needed. That's what they are doing in Houston anyway.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Departed DMV at 2 pm, hit ERAU at 5 am. Not too bad. Smooth sailing and under strict orders by he who pays the bills to make sure you top off at first opportunity, once you hit SC. A small traffic jam in SC which they Wazed around, and no issues gas or otherwise, along the way. I guess she beat the rush which might occur in the next few days. Thanks for the help.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@OCMD , glad she made it safe and sound. It is crazy what these events can do to supply and demand. Here in North Texas, where not affected at all, fear caused hoarding, and then gouging, which has not returned to normal as of yesterday. I am sure it is much better but some stations are holding on to their peaked pricing. Fuel prices here are up probably .20 cents I am guessing, except for those ripping you off. 50 miles NW its fine from here. Anyway, glad she made it and hope everything at ER is back where she can continue her education!