• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gasparilla 2018

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone planning to go this year? My crew and I are planning to launch from Ft Desoto and head over. Anything to worry about besides a bunch of drunks and stong law enforcement?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm interested in coming down with my boat, still working out the logistics. I have family in Clearwater and that is where I would be staying. Also, if I make it I was planning on launching from Courtney Campbell Causeway ramp (Hwy 60). This would be my first time boating in the Gasparilla Invasion. @tim h went last year, he should have some insight.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If you want to get near the Big Pirate ship be VERY CAUTIOUS, the water is very turbulent when you have all those boats just a few feet away from each other. You really have to watch out. Not just where you are going but who is about to ram you ! From any and all directions.
It is a true test of your nerves !

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like a good time. Might need to check that out this year. @tim h you heading down to it?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My advice - ride with @tim h . LOL. It was nerve wracking as hell just being a passenger.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm out, to many people scheduling my weekends for me.

ScarabJoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The wife and I will be launching from Gandy and heading to the flotilla. It's our first time in our own boat (Scarab 255). We're bringing 4 additional passengers to help fend off other boats.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hillsborough County Sheriff says fending off other boats while others fend off yours is the biggest challenge. I've been in Clearwater Pass on a busy weekend that was bad enough with the turbulent water making boats waller around. Y'all stay safe and have a blast!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
People will be passing by, literally inches away, for quite a long period. It's scary, lol. Take a beater boat, or just stay way back. I'm not sure I'd ever do it in mine, but I'd do it in Tim's again!

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not what I wanted to hear guys... we're still going but I'm planning to keep my distance for most of this nonsense.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
People will be passing by, literally inches away, for quite a long period. It's scary, lol. Take a beater boat, or just stay way back. I'm not sure I'd ever do it in mine, but I'd do it in Tim's again!

This ,No way in my boat. @tim h has nerves of steel for navigating that last year.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In all fairness, I don't recall anyone ever hitting us. It was just the fear that they were going to mostly. But, Tim is also a badass, so maybe his reflexes were just that good that he avoided em all.

Dirk says he won't do it in his boat, but I'll be with him next weekend. We'll see what he says after a couple cases of beer. See if we can't test the hull on that worldcat.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Never been on water, but have been told don't bother with any boats less than 30 feet, and it is an absolute shit show with drunken people and amateur boat drivers. Add in a 15 mph wind - I think you would be foolish to go.

If you do go and launch from Pinellas - there is a great hidden boat ramp with a floating dock at 38th ave and like 1st st. Go through a nice inter-coastal like area and come out just north of downtown st.pete in the bay.... a VERY easy shot to Channelside area.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never been on water, but have been told don't bother with any boats less than 30 feet, and it is an absolute shit show with drunken people and amateur boat drivers. Add in a 15 mph wind - I think you would be foolish to go.

If you do go and launch from Pinellas - there is a great hidden boat ramp with a floating dock at 38th ave and like 1st st. Go through a nice inter-coastal like area and come out just north of downtown st.pete in the bay.... a VERY easy shot to Channelside area.
I was thinking abiut going but after a few youtube videos i changed my mind. Way to many drunk boaters out there for my taste and way to many rentals who dont give a shit. Ill keep my ass up north around Anclote this weekend.

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I'll be going out on a friend's 65' SeaRay. We plan to tag along with the invasion fleet, but not enter the channel-of-doom. Winds are supposed to be 10-20....not fun in a crowd.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Withe winds the way they are looking we are heading to the islands. You coming out tomorrow @tim h