• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gauge bulbs

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone know the bulb type for a 2013 or similar tachometer? One of mine is dead, and I think I'll switch them to a more night friendly LED while I'm at it. I can pull one of mine apart to find out, but I was hoping to get a jump start and have new bulbs in hand when i do.

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's probably the same, but I'll pull one this weekend and report back.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So I pulled one of my tachs today, and I can't figure out how to dissasemble it to get to whatever bulb is in there. It appears that the chrome trim ring on the front should twist off the gauge pod, and then I assume you can pull the needle and then the face, but I applied a SIGNIFICANT amount of force to remove the chrome ring and it didn't budge. I'm quite certain that any more force will result in the need to purchase a replacement. No one has ever needed to replace a bulb in these things?

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are your bulbs not exposed on the back? Mine are flat, black tabs that you twist out. Will try to find a pic.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No. I have three latching wire connectors on the back. That's it. My tachs are multi-function, with a small LCD screen in the bottom for engine/sensor info.

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No. I have three latching wire connectors on the back. That's it. My tachs are multi-function, with a small LCD screen in the bottom for engine/sensor info.
Dang, OK, I'm no help then.

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2007 has "T10" style lights...hopefully someone else can chime in if they're different.

Been thinking about ordering a set of these for mine:
https://www.amazon.com/Partsam-Bright-Instrument-Cluster-Dashboard/dp/B00KVC78RU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1531997285&sr=8-3&keywords=led+gauge+lights&dpID=61M5gKbDC9L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I was thinking of replacing my inst panel lights on my '08 SX230 as well... did these T10 LEDs from Amazon work?
Have you tried replacing the original courtesy lights I think they are festoon bulbs.

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was thinking of replacing my inst panel lights on my '08 SX230 as well... did these T10 LEDs from Amazon work?
Have you tried replacing the original courtesy lights I think they are festoon bulbs.
I never did replace them, maybe this season.