• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Getting another Wakeboard Suggestions

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I am thinking about getting another wakeboard. Any suggestions or does anyone have one for sale?

145cm - 150cm. Adult with bindings size 10-12. Beginner. Weight 200-250lbs. Looking for something reasonably priced.

Well I am thinking about getting another wakeboard. Any suggestions or does anyone have one for sale?

145cm - 150cm. Adult with bindings size 10-12. Beginner. Weight 200-250lbs. Looking for something reasonably priced.
@J-RAD might be able to help you. He hooked me up with our Slingshot in 21.

@J-RAD might be able to help you. He hooked me up with our Slingshot in 21.

I spoke with J-RAD about it a couple years ago. Never really did anything with it. The board is for me personally. I won't get to use it much, maybe a couple few times a year, since I am always the one driving but once in a great while. So I was hoping for something on the cheaper side, even used just so I have it. Not sure whom is going to pull me, since everyone in the boat is adverse to pulling a wake boarder behind the boat.

Didn't put in the Ride Steady yet, since I wasn't sure if we would be keeping the boat (upgrading), or how much we would be using it this year for Wakeboarding, since we have kids graduating and a full summer, at least that is how it looks now. I doubt even if talk the Admiral into it, she would be comfortable just using the throttles to pull a rider up out of the water.

Even is someone wants to loan me a good size board if they are not going to use for a bit, that would be fine as well. Would like to see if I can get people schooled up to pull me.

Figure I would check and see what popped up.

I spoke with J-RAD about it a couple years ago. Never really did anything with it. The board is for me personally. I won't get to use it much, maybe a couple few times a year, since I am always the one driving but once in a great while. So I was hoping for something on the cheaper side, even used just so I have it. Not sure whom is going to pull me, since everyone in the boat is adverse to pulling a wake boarder behind the boat.

Didn't put in the Ride Steady yet, since I wasn't sure if we would be keeping the boat (upgrading), or how much we would be using it this year for Wakeboarding, since we have kids graduating and a full summer, at least that is how it looks now. I doubt even if talk the Admiral into it, she would be comfortable just using the throttles to pull a rider up out of the water.

Even is someone wants to loan me a good size board if they are not going to use for a bit, that would be fine as well. Would like to see if I can get people schooled up to pull me.

Figure I would check and see what popped up.
I completely understand, I only got a chance to wakesurf once last year. It's usually just the 2 of us which makes it more difficult. The.misses is doing more with the boat, like backing it down the ramp and driving it some. Going to have her drive the boat a few miles on the HWY sometime this week to give her some experience.
We are are driving to ME in a couple of weeks and it would be nice to her give me a short break here and there, especially on day 2. Drive will be 1200 miles each way.
My son's and their families are flying in so I should get some surfing time in. How much I don't know as this is week 9 since full knee replacement.

Last edited:
I got a factory Yamaha one on clearance a few years back. No idea if its any good or not - good enough for the few times I use it. It's nice in the fact it matches the boat.

I’d buy a used one for what you’re talking about and just make sure the bindings are in good shape.
Better quality board for the same money vs some Walmart pos and it doesn’t sound like you need 2023 technology for your riding level.

I have one of these that I picked up at Big 5 or somewhere on clearance a few years back.

It seems fine for the limited riding I do and I haven’t had issues with the bindings like the reviewers complain about on here.

We have had a Hyperlight 140 since 2003. My boys were 14, 15 and about 120 lbs at that time. It was a board the 3 of us could ride while not necessarily the right size for any of us.

Back