• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Getting close to time to get my boat our of hibernation.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just picked up my SVHO intercooler from Riva (ebay) for $150+ shipping for you 192 owners out there.

DeadlyFrog

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Checked out Jetboat Pilot and there shipping costs are so high. Thanks for the link to Amazon on the MR1 oil kits.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe they are good for all of the 1.8l motors, but I can't say for the Mr1's or Tr1's.
The only thing about that oil change kit is, it comes with a smaller oil filter than the 1.8 boat kit. 3qt of oil may not be enough, but either is probably not an issue, especially if you are doing your oil changes regularly, the filter will do and you will always have some leftover oil sitting around.

--

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The only thing about that oil change kit is, it comes with a smaller oil filter than the 1.8 boat kit. 3qt of oil may not be enough, but either is probably not an issue, especially if you are doing your oil changes regularly, the filter will do and you will always have some leftover oil sitting around.

--
Hey thanks for the catch! I will edit the posting for the right part.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Checked out Jetboat Pilot and there shipping costs are so high. Thanks for the link to Amazon on the MR1 oil kits.
I'm glad you guys realized I posted for the Mr1 kit before I had a punch of members pissed off at me so thank you.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cue rock auto music . That song and commercial always sticks in my head lol

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks guys! Orders all placed. It's been dang busy lately and I thought I'd harness the power of the board to save me some time. :winkingthumbsup"

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got a link?
Looks like they sold the last one, but keep an eye on this site:
http://stores.ebay.com/RIVA-Motorsports?_rdc=1

Every year Riva takes a few brand new Yamaha performance skis and soups them up even further. One of the upgrades they do is the intercooler so they swap out the stock SVHO for a better one and then sell the SVHO cooler in there ebay store for pennies on what a new one costs.

I'm not sure how much of a benefit this mod is going to have for us northern climate folk, but I will surely let everyone know what I think later this spring when I get it installed. Last year our water temps got up into the 80's so at that point I do expect it will help with heat soak. Removing the spark arrestor might be the best move for a boost for us northern guys and it doesn't have to cost you a damn thing.

Last edited: