• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Getting new AR210 wetsounds

Chief fan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Looking for advice on wanting to get wetsounds rev 8 for tower speakers in white. I noticed many model numbers of wetsounds with and without swivel mounts? What model number of wetsounds should i get? i have a JL marine 600/6 amp. Thanks for the help

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Depends what you want. There's plenty of threads here already on speaker/sound upgrades...have a browse through them and then narrow down your needs.

Robbieg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am replacing the entire sound system on my AR210 this week. I am getting recon 8” speakers for the tower but the cans are made by another company. Just wanted to throw that out there as a possible option. It might save a little money doing it that way too.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Big volume/power handling difference between Recons and Revs though.

Chief fan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
yeah my big decision is Icon 8 or Rev 8 tower speakers? I have had the icon and liked the sound in the past and never had battery draw issues sitting hours listening to music. My other big question is what is the diameter of the tower? one speaker says up to 1 7/8 and other bracket says up to 3 inch? which one should i get?

Robbieg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the boat back on Friday. Got 6 Wetsounds Recon 6.5” for the cabin and 8” Recon for the tower. The installers used their own cans for the towers. Also got a new fusion head unit and one 10” inch Wetsounds sub. Sounds super fantastic.

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks good

Robbieg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fusion MS-RA210

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was it a direct replacement from the infinity prv headunit or did you have to make the hole bigger?

Robbieg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was it a direct replacement from the infinity prv headunit or did you have to make the hole bigger?
I’m not 100% sure. Had it professionally installed but I believe there was some cutting needed.

ABL8R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do you like the new Fusion head unit better? it definitely looks sleek!

Robbieg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do you like the new Fusion head unit better? it definitely looks sleek!
100% better. I like having a volume dial rather than buttons. Plus, I like having a two zone control (towers and cockpit) and a wireless transom remote. It's a solid stereo.

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the boat back on Friday. Got 6 Wetsounds Recon 6.5” for the cabin and 8” Recon for the tower. The installers used their own cans for the towers. Also got a new fusion head unit and one 10” inch Wetsounds sub. Sounds super fantastic.
What did that end up running you, if you don't mind? I have the same boat and want to upgrade the sound system. PM is fine too. Thanks!

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m not 100% sure. Had it professionally installed but I believe there was some cutting needed.
Was there a plate put in around it? Could you send a up close photo and possible a picture on the back side? I have a 2020 and love this look and want to order it and do this swap as well as a swim platform control. Did you do that as well?

Xixp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reviving this thread…im curious about the backplate used to install the fusion..it looks very good!