• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Glad someone warned me

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was prepping the boat yesterday. Wash, wax, 303, trailer tires, etc. Look what I found:
20140418_165245.jpg

Was coming out of here:
20140418_165251.jpg

The Black spiky thing on the left. That would have really freaked me out were it not for this board letting me know it is normal. ..

Thanks folks!

Hi Tim.
I'm freaked..l......I do not know what it is or missed the original subject ....

All the newer boats seem to losing this donut of silicone that was put in the exhaust somewhere but comes out after a bit of use. The black spiky thing is just the "scupper" for the exhaust pipe.

Thanks. understand the exhaust port.....the silicone ring is foreign. when its gone is a leak path created?. how the heck does a ring like that come out so perfectly.

If I remember correctly it is just that. A ring of excess silicone. Yamaha assembles these boats using a lot if it at every underwater fitting. Air driver caulk guns...in this case they ran s heavy bead then attached the exhaust scupper then another bead if silicone and the screwed on the exhaust fitting. Aluminum elbow. They do not go back and clean it up. It is there until the thin sheet at the edge finally breaks free. I have seen pics of a big puck or ball of it. Should be nothing to worry about. Your mating surfaces are still sealed.

x2 on what @Lspeedss is telling you. It is just ooz out from excess and there is no leak or issue. If you want to worry about something, take a look into your scupper drain and see the ooz out donut that is restricting the flow of water inside that thing. At least it is less common! No worries mate!

Back