• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron 2014 gt 187 getting ready for summer

Colin W

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
First spring I will be getting the boat out of storage, what kind of things need to be done before it goes in the water? Also any input on how to start the jet motor in the driveway would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Usually it is motor on, water on, water off, motor off. I do not think it is any different for your motor. As far as everything else some with more knowledge about that will chime in as I'm unfamiliar with winterizing and getting back into service.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Clean, wax, charge battery's and I would change the oil and filter if it wasn't done before you put it away.

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Ahoy, welcome aboard.

I put my GT187 back in service about 3 weeks ago, and yup, that's about the same advice the troops here gave me.

1. Charge battery
2. Check fluids
3. Add fresh gas
4. Clean boat up
5. Pack safety gear needed
6. Hook up hose, start motor, start water (within 15 seconds or so) run motor....stop water, then stop motor within 15 seconds or so.
7. Check trailer condition (lights, license plate, etc)
8. Hit the road with the boat and get to the lake/water.

Looks like you might be missing your registration numbers from the hull as well....? (new boat?)

Colin W

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Ahoy, welcome aboard.

I put my GT187 back in service about 3 weeks ago, and yup, that's about the same advice the troops here gave me.

1. Charge battery
2. Check fluids
3. Add fresh gas
4. Clean boat up
5. Pack safety gear needed
6. Hook up hose, start motor, start water (within 15 seconds or so) run motor....stop water, then stop motor within 15 seconds or so.
7. Check trailer condition (lights, license plate, etc)
8. Hit the road with the boat and get to the lake/water.

Looks like you might be missing your registration numbers from the hull as well....? (new boat?)
This picture was from when I brought it home last year, the numbers are on there now

Colin W

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Post some pictures of the boat. We need some more glastron owners on this site.
Bringing it home from the garage it's stored in hopefully today, once it's cleaned up I'll post some pics...and I definitely agree we need more glastrons on this site

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice looking boat!

hvluve

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Will that boat fit in a single car garage? If so, how wide is your garage?

Thanks,